Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin
(05-17-2020, 03:32 PM)vinnn Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 03:14 PM)jonners Wrote: The drawback for me with Amazon HD is not being able to stream it to Moode over UPnP.
Airplay and Bluetooth are both inferior in sound quality and reliability, in my experience.

Agreed, Amazon HD is poor value in terms of interoperability and app features, to play Amazon HD on a Hi-Fi you'd need some form of HEOS device (terrible), Sonos (not quite as unuseable as HEOS but poor for large local collections), a Bluesound Node 2i (never tried one but their interface is meant to be one of the better proprietary ones out there), or a low quality Amazon Echo device. It seems Amazon is not forthcoming to independent developers wanting to use their API so the UPnP apps are given the cold shoulder up to now.
That and the fact that Hi-Res audio is a tiny fraction of the content on any platform, Amazon Music HD is just not that good a deal.

Al u need is moOde with Airplay turned on.

@jonners - Bluetooth compresses the audio b4 streaming and so naturally it would degrade the quality but Airplay streams 16/44.1 sources as 16/44.1 ALAC and so no loss of quality. For higher bit rates Airplay would down sample to 16/44.1 and so that's a drawback for enthusiasts that are into > 16/44.1 tracks.

Its not hard to imagine that Amazon will release their own casting protocol with support for to 24/192K. If they release it as Open Source then in short order there will be support in Linux. If they keep it locked up then it would require some dev to reverse engineer it as was done for Airplay and Spotify Connect.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub

Messages In This Thread
RE: new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin - by Tim Curtis - 05-17-2020, 03:47 PM