Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin
(05-28-2020, 05:07 PM)kolakidd Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 08:46 PM)MrMarc Wrote: Hello All -
I was finally able to resolve my issues using Kazoo (preferred) with MoOde changing the token. However, the dreaded "Service login or communications failure..." has come back. Anyone have an idea how often the token is reset or where one can find the new tokens readily?  

Thanks.
Marc

Same here, I'm guessing the token was rescinded. 

Again noob, but how would you go about getting a new token.

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...7#pid20207
See posts #17 and #18.
A bit too advanced for my liking. Huh
I haven't a clue other than wait for someone to update the upmpdcli Tidal API.
I posted a support inquiry with Tidal to see to include if one could have it included in the subscription. Their response should be interesting if not encouraging.

-Marc
(05-16-2020, 08:35 AM)dcottone Wrote: Hi guys, 

I don't know if this post can help, but with the method described here I was able to obtain a new token and have the upmpdcli Tidal plugin working again.

Regards

Daniele

Did someone succeeded in obtaining working token with the guide linked by @dcottone? I followed it and was able to obtain token from my Tidal Windows app, but it is 40 characters long, not 16 as token in  __init__.py and file modified with this 40 characters' token do not work...
Maybe I'm missing something but I'm still wondering why you guys aren't just using Moode as the renderer, Tidal navigation is actually better if you use BubbleUPnP's or mconnect's built-in Tidal support and don't use upmpdcli's media server for Tidal.

Of course if this upmpdcli issue is addressed in a fix/update then you can to go back to using Moode's mediaserver if you want but nothing's stopping you being able to play your Tidal library on Moode right now using the right UPnP client.
My playlists in Bubble which were made when Moode tidal plugin's token worked, are not working even if Bubble has my Tidal's credentials inputed and Moode's deleted. So i must choose a particular song in my old playlist, select "Show album" and then to find the same song there and then only it's played in Moode as only upnp renderer.
So it's still possible to listen to Tidal, but it's so much hassle with those playlists..

PS my sniffed token is also 40 characters long and is not working btw..
(05-29-2020, 09:36 AM)minionas Wrote: My playlists in Bubble which were made when Moode tidal plugin's token worked, are not working even if Bubble has my Tidal's credentials inputed and Moode's deleted. So i must choose a particular song in my old playlist, select "Show album" and then to find the same song there and then only it's played in Moode as only upnp renderer.
So it's still possible to listen to Tidal, but it's so much hassle with those playlists..

PS my sniffed token is also 40 characters long and is not working btw..

My Tidal playlists work fine so I don't understand, are these playlists of yours on Tidal or saved pls files?
On BubbleUPnP I would pick the [Local and Cloud] library, then [Tidal] > [My Playlists] and my playlists are there and play on any of my UPnP renderers (Moode, Kodi, Denon AVR, Panasonic TV).
(05-29-2020, 09:46 AM)vinnn Wrote: My Tidal playlists work fine so I don't understand, are these playlists of yours on Tidal or saved pls files?
On BubbleUPnP I would pick the [Local and Cloud] library, then [Tidal] > [My Playlists] and my playlists are there and they play fine to any of my UPnP renderers (Moode, Kodi, Denon AVR, Panasonic TV).

I open Bubble, the press "Library" on bottom right, then im seeing "Local and Cloud" on top left, and on the bottom of the list under "virtual folders" section, i see "Bookmarks" (my boomarked Tidal albums and etc are there) and "saved playlists" (with my mentioned old playlists are there which were when Moode had my inputed Tidal credentials and working token and Bubble with no credentials).
I can make new playlists with Moode as only renderer, and those then appear in same place as the old ones, but work, unlike the old ones when Moode was rendered/mediabrowser..
(05-29-2020, 08:17 AM)kris_jag Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 08:35 AM)dcottone Wrote: Hi guys, 

I don't know if this post can help, but with the method described here I was able to obtain a new token and have the upmpdcli Tidal plugin working again.

Regards

Daniele

Did someone succeeded in obtaining working token with the guide linked by @dcottone? I followed it and was able to obtain token from my Tidal Windows app, but it is 40 characters long, not 16 as token in  __init__.py and file modified with this 40 characters' token do not work...

Kris, as suggestion:

1) logoff from Tidal Windows app
2) start the application mentioned in my previous post
3) logon again in Tidal from Windows app
4) use the search function (Find: "X-Tidal-Token"/ Search: "Requests and responses"/ Examine: "Headers and bodies") and you will find the correct 16 characters value.

Regards
Daniele
OK so your playlists aren't saved in Tidal?
The Virtual Folders section isn't part of the "cloud" services, that's stuff saved locally in BubbleUPnP.

To use Tidal select [Local and Cloud] > [Tidal] (in the Cloud section)
(05-29-2020, 10:09 AM)vinnn Wrote: OK so your playlists aren't saved in Tidal?
The Virtual Folders section isn't part of the "cloud" services, that's stuff saved locally in BubbleUPnP.

To use Tidal select [Local and Cloud] > [Tidal] (in the Cloud section)

I guess you're right, it's Bubble's playlists, not Tidal's, as i don't use Tidal app to browse their database..