Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin
(05-30-2020, 07:09 AM)Mars67 pi Wrote: Thanks Vinn. This worked for me too. Please pardon my ignorance but what alternative would you propose to stream tidal?

Thanks

The alternative is to use a UPnP client that can access Tidal directly such as BubbleUPnP or mconnect and navigate & play Tidal in the app with moOde chosen as the renderer, as discussed here, here, here & here

This is the more common way of using UPnP to play steaming services to a renderer. The advantage of this way is the better in-app library navigation & user experience than umpmdcli provides (which is quite basic).
(05-30-2020, 07:09 AM)Mars67 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 04:08 PM)vinnn Wrote: OK for those that don't want to use a UPnP client to stream Tidal to Moode's renderer here are a few commands that will download the umpmdcli source, get their current Tidal preview token and insert it into the appropriate file on Moode...

Login to a shell on your Pi running Moode via ssh as the user pi and run..

Code:
git clone https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli

token=$(grep self.preview.token upmpdcli/src/mediaserver/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py | sed -e 's/.* \"//' -e 's/\" .*$//')

sudo sed -i "s/self.api_token.*/self.api_token = '$token'/" /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py

rm -rf upmpdcli

Restart your UPnP renderer in the web interface.
Works for me right now, if their token changes upstream you just redo this.
I'd still recommend to not use the Moode-mediaserver for Tidal right now but this should at least get those who rely on this going for the time being.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Vinn. This worked for me too. Please pardon my ignorance but what alternative would you propose to stream tidal?

Thanks

Thankyou Vinn, for a technical novice (me not you Smile ), that works.

I can now play via my macbook again via Linn Kazoo which is very handy. 
I ca
(06-02-2020, 09:05 AM)Andy B Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 07:09 AM)Mars67 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 04:08 PM)vinnn Wrote: OK for those that don't want to use a UPnP client to stream Tidal to Moode's renderer here are a few commands that will download the umpmdcli source, get their current Tidal preview token and insert it into the appropriate file on Moode...

Login to a shell on your Pi running Moode via ssh as the user pi and run..

Code:
git clone https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli

token=$(grep self.preview.token upmpdcli/src/mediaserver/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py | sed -e 's/.* \"//' -e 's/\" .*$//')

sudo sed -i "s/self.api_token.*/self.api_token = '$token'/" /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py

rm -rf upmpdcli

Restart your UPnP renderer in the web interface.
Works for me right now, if their token changes upstream you just redo this.
I'd still recommend to not use the Moode-mediaserver for Tidal right now but this should at least get those who rely on this going for the time being.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Vinn. This worked for me too. Please pardon my ignorance but what alternative would you propose to stream tidal?

Thanks

Thankyou Vinn, for a technical novice (me not you Smile ), that works.

I can now play via my macbook again via Linn Kazoo which is very handy. 
I ca

Still working for me, on both systems now. Where does @vinnn get this magic stuff from? Does he download it direct into his brain? Idea
In the last few days I've noticed that albums that are newly added to Tidal favourites no longer have artwork displaying on the 'Moode UPNP' page in Kazoo.
Furthermore, albums whose artwork does display in Kazoo do not have artwork showing up in the Moode UI when playing.
All works as normal via Bubble UPnP on Android though.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Edit: Correction - some album artwork that displays in Kazoo shows up in Moode but some does not. No apparent logic to it.
Same problem here.
I finally managed... so even i am upset its finally working...
Edit: Post now irrelevant, hence deleted.
Well, I'm back to 'Service login or communication failure' with Tidal/Kazoo. Reapplying the fix by @vinnn in post #74 no longer does the trick.
Nevertheless, BubbleUPnP on my Android tablet still sends Tidal to Moode OK.
This thread is closing on 90 posts and counting. The basic issue is always the same. Tidal is working hard to ensure that no generic token works for very long. You can read their statements on privacy and uses of gathered data to see the hints that they check token usage.

As I wrote some time ago, this will always be a game of Whack-a-Mole. I believe the harder process of capturing one's own token from a pre-authorized app and reusing it in upmpdcli has a better chance of working over time, but even this is likely viewed as skirting their intent. As I read their material, each app developer is supposed to get its own token.

Granted, I'm the kind of guy who expects his toast to fall to the floor jelly-side (or vegemite-side if that's your thing) down, but I believe every music streaming service is trending in the same direction.

Regards,
Kent
(06-02-2020, 12:09 PM)jonners Wrote: Still working for me, on both systems now. Where does @vinnn get this magic stuff from? Does he download it direct into his brain? Idea

Heh... Linux, Unix, data storage systems, system automation and all sorts of nerdy stuff is my bread & butter so yeah too much of my brain space is used up by nerdy things.