Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin
This thread is closing on 90 posts and counting. The basic issue is always the same. Tidal is working hard to ensure that no generic token works for very long. You can read their statements on privacy and uses of gathered data to see the hints that they check token usage.

As I wrote some time ago, this will always be a game of Whack-a-Mole. I believe the harder process of capturing one's own token from a pre-authorized app and reusing it in upmpdcli has a better chance of working over time, but even this is likely viewed as skirting their intent. As I read their material, each app developer is supposed to get its own token.

Granted, I'm the kind of guy who expects his toast to fall to the floor jelly-side (or vegemite-side if that's your thing) down, but I believe every music streaming service is trending in the same direction.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin - by TheOldPresbyope - 06-17-2020, 03:16 PM