Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

pi3 sd card vs Pi4 wifi or ethernet sq
I would like to contribute to this interesting discussion.
I have a house with four rooms wired with CAT6 ethernet cable and the entrance to the house has the collection of the four lines where I have the modem coming out with a 4 port switch. In two rooms I have two "Tp Link" switches to connect various devices including the Raspberry PI 3+.
To store my music I use a QNAP NAS that I kept on the Switch in the room where the Raspberry PI was not, because it makes noise when the NAS reads the disks and so I chose to move it, but so the data path gives the The NAS on RPi was long and passed back and forth between three Switches, but I figured, being digital, there would be no problem.
I was wrong, I hadn't considered the noise that is added to the data by switching between 3 sets of switches.
So I decided to put the NAS on the switch where there is also the RPI. The music is much improved, much cleaner, more dynamic, etc. So I thought that with every switch from an electronic device, the situation got worse.
The noise where it comes from, largely from the power supplies and seeing that the flying power supplies of the switches are not of great quality, I replaced the 9V power supply with a very good low noise LDO power supply and very good PSRR, which has further improved the I listen.
All comments are welcome.
Thank you all

Messages In This Thread
pi3 sd card vs Pi4 wifi or ethernet sq - by Lacas - 05-20-2020, 08:02 AM
RE: pi3 sd card vs Pi4 wifi or ethernet sq - by Gate45 - 06-16-2021, 04:26 PM