Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde release 4.1
Hi,

AFAIK the "off switch" in those apps does not send any type of signal to Squeezelite. I just ran quick test with LMS and clicking "Power off" button definitely does not cause Squeezelite to terminate. Possibly this button was meant to turn of an actual Squeezebox device ??

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-24-2018, 07:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

AFAIK the "off switch" in those apps does not send any type of signal to Squeezelite. I just ran quick test with LMS and clicking "Power off" button definitely does not cause Squeezelite to terminate. Possibly this button was meant to turn of an actual Squeezebox device ??

-Tim

AFAIK it does! Not switching off Squeezelite doesn't release the audio output and playing music through MPD is not possible, that part is true. But switching off in the LMS webui or app does put Squeezelite in some sort of idle mode which releases also the audio output and allows you to play music via MPD. 

As long as Squeezelite in enabled in Moode's audio config, Moode's webui is dimmed as in my screenshot.
Hi,

Thats very interesting and I can confirm that it in fact releases the audio output when Power off and then hogs the audio output when Power on.

I'll have to see whether it might be possible to use audio output closed/active state to coordinate between MPD/moOde UI and Squeezelite.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Hi,

Just an update that checking on the state of ALSA output won't really work because its not unique to Squeezelite, MPD, Bluetooth or Airplay could have the output open.

Apparently there is a -S <script> option for Squeezelite that runs the specified <script> when LMS Power button is toggled. It requires Squeezelite to be complied with the -DGPIO cflag. This could possibly work. I'll add to the TODO list.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Hi @pinkdot,

Fortunately, LMS sends the state (0/1) of the Power button when it calls the -S script. This enabled me to successfully integrate automatic switching between Squeezelite and MPD :-)

Note the "Resume MPD" setting under Squeezelite.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-26-2018, 01:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi @pinkdot,

Fortunately, LMS sends the state (0/1) of the Power button when it calls the -S script. This enabled me to successfully integrate automatic switching between Squeezelite and MPD :-)

Note the "Resume MPD" setting under Squeezelite.

Nice!
I just installed 4.1 on Rpi 2. I took 3 hours. When using usb wifi rt8188eu, AP moode not working. (Patched hostapd for realtek). Moode 4.0 AP working fine. Change kernel to ver 4.9 AP mode working again.
(06-27-2018, 04:25 AM)didiet78 Wrote: I  just installed 4.1 on Rpi 2. I took 3  hours. When using usb wifi rt8188eu, AP moode not working. (Patched hostapd for realtek). Moode 4.0 AP working fine. Change  kernel to ver 4.9 AP mode working again.

Found solution for my USB Realtek 8188 on https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...hp?t=62371

I just run this ( using ethernet )
sudo wget http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-...stall-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wifi

sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo install-wifi -h
sudo install-wifi -c 8188eu
sudo rpi-update
sudo install-wifi -u rpi-update
reboot

And now my Moode  running with kernel 4.14.52-v7+ #1123 SMP
Hostapd using standard version from moode (not patched version and without driver=rtl871xdrv) , Realtek 8188 AP mode working fine.
Nice!

Maybe at some point the Raspbian Team will incorporate MrEngMan's driver install system.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!