Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to load/play playlist with mpc
Hi,
I have been searching for a while but I can’t find the answer to that simple question : How to load/play with mpc a playlist saved with Moode ?
The command “mpc lsplaylists” gives me no result while I have 3 saved playlists appearing on Moode Web UI.

Any idea ? May it just like control volume up  /var/www/vol.sh up 1
Thanks for your help !
Regards,
Nicholas
(05-30-2020, 03:33 PM)nicwwd Wrote: Hi,
I have been searching for a while but I can’t find the answer to that simple question : How to load/play with mpc a playlist saved with Moode ?
The command “mpc lsplaylists” gives me no result while I have 3 saved playlists appearing on Moode Web UI.

What, nothing? Sounds broken.

I just told one of my moOde 6.5.2 players to save the playlist, giving it the name "SillyWalks", and then went to the command line

Code:
pi@moodelr:~ $ mpc lsplaylists
SillyWalks
Default Playlist
Favorites

egards,
Kent
(05-30-2020, 04:32 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 03:33 PM)nicwwd Wrote:
Code:
SillyWalks
Default Playlist
Favorites
Hi,

What, nothing? Sounds broken.

I just told one of my moOde 6.5.2 players to save the playlist, giving it the name "SillyWalks", and then went to the command line

Code:
SillyWalks
Default Playlist
Favorites

egards,
Kent

emm…^_^,thanks for reply。
i want to know that, if i use lirc or gpio bottons to select playlist by mpc common。
 or i only can select by web ui
The penny finally dropped, maybe.

Are you asking can you program a remote control function to tell moOde to display a list of its playlists, to select a specific playlist, and to load it in the queue and start playing it?

Nope. Not with the current moOdeUI.

The man page for mpc ("man mpc") or the abbreviated list of commands output from "mpc help" tells you all there is to know.

Continuing my previous example, to load and play the playlist I created,

Code:
mpc load SillyWalks
mpc play

The named playlist has to exist. In the past, I've programmed FLIRC and similar controllers to select "Default Playlist" and "Favorites" using different buttons just because those playlists are predefined in moOde.

Regards,
Kent
(05-30-2020, 07:36 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: The penny finally dropped, maybe.

Are you asking can you program a remote control function to tell moOde to display a list of its playlists, to select a specific playlist, and to load it in the queue and start playing it?

Nope. Not with the current moOdeUI.

The man page for mpc ("man mpc") or the abbreviated list of commands output from "mpc help" tells you all there is to know.

Continuing my previous example, to load and play the playlist I created,

Code:
mpc load SillyWalks
mpc play

The named playlist has to exist. In the past, I've programmed FLIRC and similar controllers to select "Default Playlist" and "Favorites" using different buttons just because those playlists are predefined in moOde.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks!  I had try mpc load Favorites.m3u, now i see the right way.
Regards,
Nicholas