Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Usbridge Signature upgraded Linux.
Hi,

I had my Allo Usbridge signature working and i  did something i should have thought about, i checked for an update on Moode System page and started the Feburary update.  After rebooting the update created a fatal error and the player cannot log to the ethernet. - but BRIEFLY CONNECTS TO THE WIRELESS CONECTION before dropping.  I will try tp post the bootup output.  Unfortunately i didnt enable logging unless it is already configured?

Thanks redstone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just write a fresh 6.5.2 image to your SD Card. Theres full support for the SIG including it's enhanced Ethernet/USB controller.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-05-2020, 12:16 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just write a fresh 6.5.2 image to your SD Card. Theres full support for the SIG including it's enhanced Ethernet/USB controller.

Ok thanks, i will do that.  Im a ras pi novice.  Are the directions in the startup guide?

Also i video the bootup , the last good line was “reached target sound card.”

then the first in the error stack is “Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000128”
@redstone

The first step is to download the full 6.5.2 image from moodeaudio.org and flash it to your uSD card.

There's various ways to do this. I prefer using the Belena Etcher program, binaries available from https://www.balena.io/etcher/ for Windows, OS X, and Linux.

Everywhere you look on the InterWEB™ you'll find instructions for using this or other tools to flash the memory card for a Raspberry PI.

The Setup guide then takes you through the rest of the steps.

The error message you cite suggests there's a mismatch between the kernel and one of your drivers. Don't have a UsBridge Signature and won't conjecture how this happened during the upgrade (but I have thoughts!).

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
(06-05-2020, 12:41 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @redstone

The first step is to download the full 6.5.2 image from moodeaudio.org and flash it to your uSD card.

There's various ways to do this. I prefer using the Belena Etcher program, binaries available from https://www.balena.io/etcher/ for Windows, OS X, and Linux.

Everywhere you look on the InterWEB™ you'll find instructions for using this or other tools to flash the memory card for a Raspberry PI.

The Setup guide then takes you through the rest of the steps.

The error message you cite suggests there's a mismatch between the kernel and one of your drivers. Don't have a UsBridge Signature and won't conjecture how this happened during the upgrade (but I have thoughts!).

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent, 

Seems you are right.  I burned the 6.5.2 image and rebooted Eternet-connected only and it booted fine.  However when I went added the wireless Comfast CF-912AC usb dongle it is throwing errors.  This wifi dongle was supported in the December Moode release.  I wonder if there is something that can be changed in the driver setup or maybe i need another wifi dongle?
@redstone 

Just ten days ago @Tim Curtis posted in another thread, "Comfast CF-912AC dual-band WiFi adapter works perfectly with the SIG. The driver for it is included with every moOde release. You also might want to get a 90 deg USB extender."

Maybe he's got some insight here.

Regards,
Kent
What does "throwing errors" mean?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-05-2020, 02:12 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What does "throwing errors" mean?

I am able to boot up fine with the ethernet.  I ran ifconfig and got this:

pi@moode:~ $ ifconfig

eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500                                                             
        inet 192.168.1.14  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.1.255                                              
        inet6 fe80::99f1:13ba:f3ef:d71d  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>                                              
        ether 00:17:f7:00:a9:fe  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)                                                           
        RX packets 10944  bytes 1543465 (1.4 MiB)                                                                      
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0                                                                    
        TX packets 2359  bytes 2046589 (1.9 MiB)                                                                       
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0                                                     

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536                                                                           
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0                                                                              
        inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>                                                                   
        loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)                                                                        
        RX packets 523  bytes 73338 (71.6 KiB)                                                                         
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0                                                                    
        TX packets 523  bytes 73338 (71.6 KiB)                                                                         
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0   uns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0                                                     

lo:After I plug in the COMFAST WifI dongle I have this error and Moode freezes - GuI is unresponsive and the SSH also unresponsive. 

pi@moode:~ $

Message from syslogd@moode at Jun  5 13:51:36 ...                                                                      
 kernel:[16437.748466] Internal error: Oops: 17 [#1] SMP ARM   

I turned debug on in system. 

Thanks,
redstone    
Ok I am going back to 6.4.0 image since this used to work.

Anyone know where i can get the 6.4.0.iso image? Is this in the 6.4.0 sources folder?
Ok got it working.

I am on 6.5.2 now and i was able to get it working. First i disconnected my D90 Topping Dac. I then added the Comfast wifi Dongle. I had to make the wifi channel unsecured without a password. So not sure if there is a problem withe the password encryption or security of the wifi channel that was causing a problem.