Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

LOCAL UI - Customize Presentation on 5" Display via HDMI
Big Grin 
Hy all!

I´m pretty new here and first I want to thank all who give that much afford on this great project!!

Because I'm pretty new within this software to, I was trying several things.
On of them where the local displays.

First I installed and configured an O-Led Display via I2C and learned to customize it.
in the second try, I Installed a 5" Display via HDMI.
So far, all works pretty well.

But for the final Solution, I´m looking if and how to customize the the presentation on the Local-UI....

I tried to find something in the forum and internet, but couldn't find really something.

Thanks a lot for this software and support!
(06-06-2020, 04:01 PM)AudioFool77 Wrote: Hy all!

I´m pretty new here   .................. snip  ..............................

But for the final Solution, I´m looking if and how to customize the the presentation on the Local-UI....

I tried to find something in the forum and internet, but couldn't find really something.

.............................. snip  ................................

Hello @AudioFool77.... and Welcome.

Probably is a more accurate description to say 'better Solution' or 'improved Solution' as it is a never-ending job trying to keep up with the latest technological advances Smile  and it would also avoid the unpleasant ring brought by those words (see events mid-twentieth century)...

What is that you are trying to specifically customise? Are you trying to adapt a certain screen to display maybe a different UI?
Hy Mike,
Thanks for you correction. Sure, Final is definitely the wrong word for it Wink
I just wanted to make an individual design for my Display.
For example Position, Size of Coverart, remove Touch Icons (Display is just used as Display not as Touchscreen), individual Design and Position of different Input fields like for ex. Bit´s, Framerates, Volume.... Switch over to a large Volume only.... just examples like I know it from different HW Streamers....

So as you could do it in the I2C Display, with the problem of no Coverart Sad

Thanks
So no one tried an operation like this?

As far as I found out with further reading, that it wouldn´t be that easy, if not impossible for normal human beeing....
For sure factoring the UI for a small HDMI attached display, moving things around, changing what's displayed etc is a significant development effort.

If you can make the case that its generally applicable for example like the Pi 7" Touch then it would be more likely to happen otherwise it would take another dev thats willing to volunteer their time to work with you on your customizations.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@AudioFool77 I am looking fot something similar, but I'm a complete noob in css and programming. I saw around the Internet that someone has done somenthing like that with other oss. I don't know if it's possible to do someting similar on Moode.
That would be great.

@Tim Curtis Thank you and your team for the great job you've done making an exceptional player. I think, however, that nowadays, with big lcd displays, could be awesome to have the chance to slightly customize the appeareance of the UI.
Nothing radical I mean.
I'm using the standard coverart view and it is wonderful. I simply would like to: move the coverart picture to the left (or the right) and have Tracktitle, Artist, album and frequency/codec/bitrate plus progressbar on the opposite side.
This is only a suggestion, not a request! Smile 

as it is: 

As I would like it could look: 

I was able to get to this
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2182]
But the dot stop moving when I brought the time line to the right.
Well, time to revive an old thread Smile

Any more info on how to customize things a bit more? I'm building a RPi streamer with built-in DAC in a custom enclosure, and want to add a 5 or 5.5" AMOLED screen to display album art, track info, coded, bitrate, etc.