Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Scream - Windows network sound card support?
I'm sure all of us that have unsupported methods of playback would like to have them built in to Moode, so here's my request!

Scream, the network virtual sound card driver, I have this running on the pc and installed the receiver component on the pi running Moode and it works really well. Latency is very low and sound quality is a lot better than bluetooth or any other streamers that I've tried, though the send bitrate can be set on the pc to whatever is needed if bandwidth allows.

It would be nice to have this integrated onto the config page.

https://github.com/duncanthrax/scream

I like that if sending stereo audio, the latency is low enough that playback of video on the pc still syncs quite well.

Thanks.
I only use it for stereo at 44100Hz which works fine with the default settings. I noticed the occasional glitch/dropout at 48000Hz but this can be dependant on your network. With these settings the audio sync is quite good, fine for casuing viewing, but it's not perfect. I would imagine the additional buffering/network latency needed for surround audio would cause issues with audio syncing unless your playback software has settings to help sync audio/video.

The other issue is when Scream is running it seems to prevent the other Moode audio services from playing back. I just use a 'screen' session via ssh to start Scream when I need it.