Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: GPIO button false trigger on startup
Another observation: unlike normal button presses, the false trigger doesn't appear in gpio-buttons.py output (GPIO handler is disabled in settings and run manually as Tim described in post #2):
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo /var/www/command/gpio-buttons.py
/var/www/command/gpio-buttons.py:54: RuntimeWarning: This channel is already in use, continuing anyway.  Use GPIO.setwarnings(False) to disable warnings.
  GPIO.setup(sw_1_pin, GPIO.IN, pull_up_down=GPIO.PUD_UP)
/var/www/command/gpio-buttons.py:54: RuntimeWarning: A physical pull up resistor is fitted on this channel!
  GPIO.setup(sw_1_pin, GPIO.IN, pull_up_down=GPIO.PUD_UP)
2020-06-28 20:53:31 sw_1: pin=3, enabled=1, bounce_time=500, cmd=python,/home/pi/scripts/relay_toggle.py

(06-28-2020, 09:13 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I haven't done any digital control work with a RPi and its GPIO. With other SBCs and microcontrollers, we used software filtering, aka software debouncing, to deal with mechanical switches. I expect the technique would work for you but I'm not in a position to to work through it with you. Google is your friend.
Moode already has debounce feature. It registers all button presses with no error, no problems here.

Messages In This Thread
GPIO button false trigger on startup - by waffle - 06-24-2020, 04:21 PM
RE: GPIO button false trigger on startup - by waffle - 06-29-2020, 01:16 AM