Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Hard drive location and backup
(07-01-2020, 08:29 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: I read FLAC files from my NAS via a quite low strength Wi-Fi signal to one of my moOde players upstairs in my house (the router is downstairs) and I never have any issues.  The bit rate of your FLAC files is measured in kilobits, your link speed will be measured in megabits.
I don't see how running of a "local" USB drive offers any benefits, unless it is a slightly faster initial build of the library.

Hello, thanks for the reply.

It is working very well at the moment and I don't get any drop outs - I have a router at each end of the house. It was more an issue of getting automatic backups happening better. There is a bit of lag when I open moode on my browser (maybe 5-10 seconds) but after that it runs pretty smoothly considering the size of the library.

When I run rsync to copy files from the external usb on my laptop over the network to the NAS it takes forever as it check 29k files for differences - the actual copying is quite fast, it is the processing that takes a long time. Depending on what has changed it can take up to 15 hours to process. If I made changes to the USB drive on my laptop then plugged it into the raspi, I was hoping to be able to automate a rsync backup from this location to the NAS, without the need for my laptop always being involved.

Messages In This Thread
Hard drive location and backup - by tassiepete - 07-01-2020, 07:02 AM
RE: Hard drive location and backup - by tassiepete - 07-01-2020, 09:47 AM