Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Software Volume Control
Dear all
I am trying Moode for the first time as a convert from Volumio and have question regarding the setup. 

It states I should leave volume control as software where I have always been used to hardware volume control giving a superior sound. 

Is this not the case with Moode?

Cheers

Nick
If your DAC supports Hardware Volume then use that. :-)
It will be superior.
----------
bob
If you DAC supports Hardware volume then select it in MPD Config.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Cheers Guys. I guess also setting it to disabled also improves audio quality?
It depends on whether your downstream volume control distorts less than the Hardware volume controller in the DAC.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Why not just try the different modes available for the DAC you have and see if your ears can tell the difference? If one mode stands out, use it. Otherwise use the mode that is most convenient.

Regards,
Kent
(07-09-2020, 10:41 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Why not ... see if your ears can tell the difference?

But we are Audiophiles!!! We must have graphs to prove that one is better! Big Grin
----------------
Robert
(07-10-2020, 10:35 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 10:41 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Why not ... see if your ears can tell the difference?

But we are Audiophiles!!! We must have graphs to prove that one is better! Big Grin

You might be an audiophile if...