Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.6.0 support thread
Just noticed that I was no longer scrobbling, so I looked and from what I could see mpdas had exited. I could not find anything in any of the logs. Starting it back up (in detached mode) works fine for now.
(07-17-2020, 12:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 05:00 PM)swizzle Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 07:04 PM)Klausi69 Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 01:28 AM)swizzle Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 08:19 AM)Klausi69 Wrote: Really impressive. Very smooth. The only thing is that my old iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5 doesn't show radio library again. Many elements are missing. Cleaning cache and reboot didn't help.

Did it work with 6.5? iOS 9 is sufficiently old enough that the version of Safari it uses is missing some key web features and unfortunately there’s no way to just update the browser.

I do feel like a moode browser is a really good use case for an old tablet though so you might try loading 6.6 with the browser’s console window showing and if there are any errors post the output (in a code box, it’s the little icon on the top right with <>) and we might be able to work around whatever javascript isn’t supported.

I have to connect my iPhone to a Windows PC, so I use Chrome for remote debug. I hope this will help you.

Code:
moode.local/:34 Viewport argument key "viewport-fit" not recognized and ignored.
VMundefined:33 SyntaxError: Unexpected keyword 'const'
(anonymous) @ playerlib-nomin.js:33
VMundefined:3 Viewport argument key "viewport-fit" not recognized and ignored.
attr @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
access @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
(anonymous) @ VM22 scripts-panels.min.js:25
k @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
fireWith @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
ready @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
D @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
VMundefined:26 ReferenceError: Can't find variable: getParamOrValue
setFontSize @ VM1 playerlib.min.js:26
y @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
d @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
moode.local/:34 Viewport argument key "viewport-fit" not recognized and ignored.
VMundefined:33 SyntaxError: Unexpected keyword 'const'
(anonymous) @ playerlib-nomin.js:33
VMundefined:3 Viewport argument key "viewport-fit" not recognized and ignored.
access @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
ready @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
D @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
VMundefined:26 ReferenceError: Can't find variable: getParamOrValue
setFontSize @ VM1 playerlib.min.js:26
y @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3
d @ VM44 jquery-1.8.2.min.js:3

Ugh, minimized javascript is worthless for debugging.

Anyway so const seems to be at issue here. Early iOS is missing a bunch of javascript that would later make up ES6. It basically lets you set up an immutable variable (it’s kind of a convenience feature for large, team-based development as it’ll throw an error if you try to redefine one so you know there’s a something not good happening), but there’s really nothing stopping us from using regular variables and just not messing with them.

https://www.javascripttutorial.net/es6/j...ipt-const/

In playerlib.js there are a number of variables defined with const at the beginning of the file, you can change it to use let instead and that seems to work (albeit on my iOS 14 device), though I can’t say there won’t be issues elsewhere related to that change or other ES6 conventions that old iOS doesn’t support that have crept into the code in other areas and still prevent it from working. 
Maybe we should add an debugging option to tell header.php to use the plaintext JS and CSS files ?

The "const" keyword is used in playerlib.js to define some values and it's used in playerlib-nomin.js function formatExtraTagsString() as part of a "for of" loop. We could prolly use "let" instead but then what other things would pop up as compatibility issues with old Javascript engines ??

A debug option would be good. Smile

Unfortunately I don’t have an affected device to test with so I can only go by the console logs and once it hits a syntax error it stops running. It’s possible switching to let or var would solve the problem but it could expose another issue further down the line. Someone who has the problem is going to need to test it to find out and if doesn’t work post a console log again etc.
(07-17-2020, 03:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Look at the MPD log after Library update completes

cat /var/log/mpd/log

Thanks Tim, MPD log seems correct, added/name nas/artist and so on but nothings appear in folder/album
Try clearing the Library tag cache. Its an option on the Library Config screen.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-17-2020, 05:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try clearing the Library tag cache. Its an option on the Library Config screen.

Already tried Tim, nothing.
Maybe can help you to understand: i used another SD from another setup and same problem.
I checked tags with TagScanner and seems ok, i don't understand the reason of it..
Edit: browser cache it's clean
If the MPD log shows "added" for the tracks then they would be recorded in the MPD database. moOde's Folder view just reads the MPD database.

It's not obvious to me what's happening in your case.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-17-2020, 07:00 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If the MPD log shows "added" for the tracks then they would be recorded in the MPD database. moOde's Folder view just reads the MPD database.

It's not obvious to me what's happening in your case.

I agree, strange..
I just tried another cat /var/log/mpd/log and strings are the same as previous, added same new files in MPD but they not appear in Moode.
I'll try to delete and upload an old file that i see regularly in library

But the " openMpdSock () failed" could be a reason of this issue?
Could be. Are you using a stock moOde 6.6.0 image?
Enjoy the Music!
(07-17-2020, 04:56 PM)hestehandler Wrote: Just noticed that I was no longer scrobbling, so I looked and from what I could see mpdas had exited. I could not find anything in any of the logs. Starting it back up (in detached mode) works fine for now.

Had a scrobbling hickup today as well. Switched back to the 32-bit kernel to check if it'd happen again — all good so far.
(07-17-2020, 07:44 PM)Pieter Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 04:56 PM)hestehandler Wrote: Just noticed that I was no longer scrobbling, so I looked and from what I could see mpdas had exited. I could not find anything in any of the logs. Starting it back up (in detached mode) works fine for now.

Had a scrobbling hickup today as well. Switched back to the 32-bit kernel to check if it'd happen again — all good so far.

I’ve been on the 32-bit kernel for days now. Just checking again and I can now see it exited again three hours ago.