Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

AP on v3.8
Is is possible to access the LAN with ethernet cable attached through the Moode AP?  Or is connectivity limited to the Moode UI only?
Hello hifihere,

I don't understand your questions.
The LAN is wired, the AP is wireless.
And what type of connectivity do you mean to use the UI?

Please explain! GRTZ Dig-It

Huh
I am using the LAN connection for NAS access. If A/P is turned on (v3.8) for wireless control does that defeat the ethernet port as it does in v4.1?

Also, If A/P is active and ethernet is connected is there any access to the LAN from the wireless A/P connection (security question)?
I don't recall how 3 series is configured but for sure in moOde 4 series if Ethernet connection is detected during startup then AP mode is disabled. This is because there is no WiFi to Ethernet pass thru (Hot-Spot) support in moOde and having two network interfaces active (Ethernet and WiFi) will always cause trouble especially if the WiFi interface is fenced as it would be in AP Mode.

I've asked about this particular usage scenario where WiFi connection is via AP mode and there is a need to connect to Internet via Ethernet but have never gotten a scenario description that is general in nature. All of them have been very specific for example to solve a particular network coverage issue.

I'd enable pass-thru if there were a general usage scenario for this particular network config in the context of Audio.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub