Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

HiFiBerry Digi+ not recognized after a shutdown or reboot
I have a problem which I have been trying to solve for some time now without a success. I have a hat HiFiBerry Digi+transformer which when first set up worked fine until I switched the pi off. The next day when switched on I got alsa error (hw:0,0, no such file or directory found bla bla…), changing back to none hat restarting and then back doesn’t work. But when I try another os, player and then put the sd card with moode back it works. So i am assuming it’s something it saves wrong in some cache of so but then when another system boots up it clears that up so then with another boot it works again then.Is it Pi eprom? I don’t know, I am a newbie in this, pls help, it is just so frustrating to swap cards /systems to get it work every day. Thanks in advance with you suggestions, help.
Start with a fresh moOde 6.6.0 image downloaded from moodeaudio.org and then write it to a known good SD Card.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-14-2020, 08:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Start with a fresh moOde 6.6.0 image downloaded from moodeaudio.org and then write it to a known good SD Card.

Thanks Tim, I tried different cards, fresh install of moOde 6.6.0 and it does the same thing all the time. First boot I set it up, reboot, all good. Properly shut it down. Next day or later on I start it up, moOde boots up fine but gives those alsa errors as mentioned. Then nothing i have tried works only putting in another card with another system let it boot up , then shut it down. Put in a card with moOde and it works again until I shut it down again.
Have you tried without the Hat?
(07-15-2020, 11:43 AM)kit1cat Wrote: Have you tried without the Hat?

Without the Hat streaming as before via usb to dac works without any issues, no errors, no problems after reboots, works seamlessly all the time.
(08-08-2020, 07:11 PM)Baasheep Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 04:26 PM)Kiki behero Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 11:43 AM)kit1cat Wrote: Have you tried without the Hat?

Without the Hat streaming as before via usb to dac works without any issues, no errors, no problems after reboots, works seamlessly all the time.

I have the same alsa error as you with my digi+pro. I am running moode 6.7.1. I have found the error occurs on reboot when i am using my ifi ipower power supply. I have found that the digi+ is always recognised if I use the official raspberry pi power supply instead. Perhaps some third party power supplies do not give adequate quality for the digi+ to auto-configure?

It could indeed be the power supply. I am running a Digi+ HAT on a Pi-2B that is powered by a Blackberry 2 amp Playbook tablet charger. I have had no problems.
Hi Behero,
have you tried to change settigs from Hifiberry Digi+ to DAC?
Could be strange but time ago i had same problem and solved with this set change.
Hope it helps you, have a nice day