Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: USB Device Type: Nothing to Select
With the help from this forum, I have successfully installed Moode Player.

In the course of configuration, i encountered two issues:

(1) Pi 4 (8 GB) Ram won't boot if it is not connected to my TV via hdmi irregards on whether the Local UI display is turned on/off.
     Anyway to boot Moode player without having to connect it to my TV?

(2) I intended to output the audio signal from Moode player to Wadia DI122 via Usb cable but the USB Device Type was showing Nothing to select.
I managed to did it once having the Usb ouput displayed and connected but next day it was disconnected and displayed Nothing to select. I have rebooted it several times including changing the Usb but the problem still persists.

I have read somewhere, it quoted:

"The USB-problem concerning the Raspberry Pi 4GB RAM model might be due to the issue seen earlier that using more RAM than 3072 MB breaks the USB: Kernal Issue"

Is this the potential cause and how to resolve it?
(07-16-2020, 06:22 AM)Desmond88 Wrote: With the help from this forum, I have successfully installed Moode Player.

In the course of configuration, i encountered two issues:

(1) Pi 4 (8 GB) Ram won't boot if it is not connected to my TV via hdmi irregards on whether the Local UI display is turned on/off.

(2) I intended to output the audio signal from Moode player to Wadia DI122 via Usb cable but the USB Device Type was showing Nothing to select.
I managed to did it once having the Usb ouput displayed and connected but next day it was disconnected and displayed Nothing to select. I have rebooted it several times including changing the Usb but the problem still persists.

I have read somewhere, it quoted:

"The USB-problem concerning the Raspberry Pi 4GB RAM model might be due to the issue seen earlier that using more RAM than 3072 MB breaks the USB: Kernal Issue"

Is this the potential cause and how to resolve it?

The Raspberry Pi foundation changed the card numbering for the Raspberry Pi4 and its 2 HDMI outputs in the latest Raspbian/Raspberry OS.
This has caused some unexpected and unforeseen hiccoughs and there will be a fix in the next Moode in place update 6.6.1
Meantime Moode can either work with an HDMI screen or a USB DAC but not both...
Be patient... Smile  it is being worked on. Wink

(I would not put much store on a random internet quote...especially when they couldn't even spell "kernel" correctly...lol.)
----------
bob
@Desmond88

Quote:(1) Pi 4 (8 GB) Ram won't boot if it is not connected to my TV via hdmi irregards on whether the Local UI display is turned on/off.

Every model RPi I own from RPi Zero W to RPi 4B 4GB boots standalone into moOde. 

I don't own an 8GB version so have no way to repro your issue. It's abnormal, for sure. I know there were some hardware changes with this version which required yet another update to the firmware but I should have thought they've been baked into the Raspbian release we're working with.

Can anyone else confirm if 1) moOde 6.5.2 and 2) moOde 6.6.0 boot on this board? Was a firmware update required with either?

Regards,
Kent
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the prompt response.

The above are the issues that I encountered after installing moode 6.6.0 on my Pi4 (8gb ram).

Regards,

Regards,
Dear all,
All issues solved with the latest moode 6.7.0.
Thank you so much for all the helping hands.