Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: with new Rpi4b (fixed red led)
Hi,

After some years of good services my old Rpi2b decided to pass away :-(. I ordered a new Rpi4b to replace it and tried to boot with the last Moodeaudio image but unfortunately I can't boot (the red led stay fixed and no activity on the green one). As I don't have micro hdmi cable I can't see what's going on via screen. I think it's not an hardware issue because I installed RapberryOS and it's working correctly. I also tried to download the Moode image and write it several times but it still lead to the same issue. Anyone have a clue on what's can goes wrong?

Thank you.
Which version of moOde?

Support for the Pi-4 was introduced starting with moOde 6.0.0

ETA: fixed red led is default on Pi4.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-18-2020, 11:48 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Which version of moOde?

Support for the Pi-4 was introduced starting with moOde 6.0.0

ETA: fixed red led is default on Pi4.

Hello Tim,

I downloaded the last version (6.6.0)
No issues on my Pi4.

You could try

- Looking at your Router logs to see if an IP address was assigned
- Looking at the WiFi SSID list on your client to see if the SSID Moode is listed. This would indicate that moOde booted up in WiFi AP mode with IP address 172.24.1.1
- Purchasing an HDMI cable to display the console
Enjoy the Music!
@Origin8

I'm curious to know if you bought the 8GB version of the RPi4B?

I have 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB versions and none has any problem booting moOde 6.6.0. I don't know that the 8GB version won't boot it but every change in board-level hardware brings with it new firmware issues.

Regards,
Kent
(07-18-2020, 12:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: No issues on my Pi4.

You could try

- Looking at your Router logs to see if an IP address was assigned
- Looking at the WiFi SSID list on your client to see if the SSID Moode is listed. This would indicate that moOde booted up in WiFi AP mode with IP address 172.24.1.1
- Purchasing an HDMI cable to display the console

I configure a DHCP static lease but unfortunately nothing, I don't see wifi SSI.
You're right, I will buy an hdmi cable to see what's going on.
I would just let your Router assign a dynamic IP address rather than a reserved address to eliminate the possibility of a typo in the MAC address you specified for the DHCP reservation.
Enjoy the Music!
Hello,

I have the 2GB version. I just try to write the 6.5.2 version and it's working (I can boot and connect through SSH). I don't have access to the web UI but this should be an issue with my local network (DNS or something like that).
I still have no answer from the web UI while Nginx and php seams to run correctly. I'm pretty sure that it is not a network configuration issue.

I notice that I have a freeze when I'm trying to get information about the firmware
sudo rpi-eeprom-update

also a freeze if I'm trying to get the temperature :
/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp

Should be something wrong somewhere, if I'm doing the same command on the last RaspberryOS I don't have freeze.
Code:
pi@rp2:~ $ which vcgencmd
/usr/bin/vcgencmd

Code:
pi@rp2:~ $ sudo rpi-eeprom-update
BCM2711 detected
Dedicated VL805 EEPROM detected
BOOTLOADER: up-to-date
CURRENT: Thu 16 Apr 17:11:26 UTC 2020 (1587057086)
LATEST: Thu 16 Apr 17:11:26 UTC 2020 (1587057086)
FW DIR: /lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader/critical
VL805: up-to-date
CURRENT: 000137ad
LATEST: 000137ad
Enjoy the Music!