Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: with new Rpi4b (fixed red led)
Code:
sudo rpi-eeprom-update

BCM2711 detected

Then freeze after this line...
Works OK on my Pi-4B.

I have no idea what happening on your end.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-18-2020, 01:31 PM)Origin8 Wrote: I have the 2GB version. I just try to write the 6.5.2 version and it's working (I can boot and connect through SSH). I don't have access to the web UI but this should be an issue with my local network (DNS or something like that).

How did you "connect through ssh?" Using the hostname or the IP address? Whichever worked for ssh should also work for the moOdeUI. DNS would be involved if you used the hostname but not if you used the IP address, so the latter is always worth trying. You can eliminate your LAN router/access point from the equation by letting moOde boot up in WiFi AP mode and do all your configuration and testing (with tracks on a USB memory stick) via a WiFi client.

Quote:I notice that I have a freeze when I'm trying to get information about the firmware
sudo rpi-eeprom-update

also a freeze if I'm trying to get the temperature :
/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp

There's so much you haven't told us about your system that it's impossible to know what to suggest. These low-level Raspbian programs are independent of moOde. If they aren't working then the problem must be pretty basic.

You have observed the basics I hope: good-quality brandname uSD card from a trustworthy supplier, power supply adequate to the needs of the RPi4B and a proper USB-C power supply cable, flashed a fresh image using a program like Balena Etcher which verifies the data on the flashed card against the image file, running either an Ethernet connection or a WiFi connection but not both, etc.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Tim,
I'm having pi4, 8 gb ram. The following are the issues I encountered after installing the moode 6.6.
(1) Pi 4 (8 GB) Ram won't boot if it is not connected to my TV via hdmi irregards on whether the Local UI display is turned on/off.
Anyway to boot Moode player without having to connect it to my TV?

(2) I intended to output the audio signal from Moode player to Wadia DI122 via Usb cable but the USB Device Type was showing Nothing to select.
I managed to did it once having the Usb ouput displayed and connected but next day it was disconnected and displayed Nothing to select. I have rebooted it several times including changing the Usb but the problem still persists.

I'm not a technical guy, it appears to me the booting is triggering by the hdmi connection irregards the local ui display is on off. I have reported it under the other thread.

As for the usb devise output. Yesterday, I managed have it output via USB. But today, it showed nothing to select again. Its performance is not consistent. My dac detected the connection as it showed the highest bit rate but moode cannot output it.
(07-19-2020, 03:49 AM)Desmond88 Wrote: Hi Tim,
I'm having pi4, 8 gb ram. The following are the issues I encountered  after installing the moode 6.6.
(1) Pi 4 (8 GB) Ram won't boot if it is not connected to my TV via hdmi irregards on whether the Local UI display is turned on/off.
    Anyway to boot Moode player without having to connect it to my TV?

(2) I intended to output the audio signal from Moode player to Wadia DI122 via Usb cable but the USB Device Type was showing Nothing to select.
I managed to did it once having the Usb ouput displayed and connected but next day it was disconnected and displayed Nothing to select. I have rebooted it several times including changing the Usb but the problem still persists.

I'm not a technical guy, it appears to me the booting is triggering by the hdmi connection irregards the local ui display is on off. I have reported it under the other thread.

As for the usb devise output. Yesterday, I managed have it output via USB. But today, it showed nothing to select again. Its performance is not consistent. My dac detected the connection as it showed the highest bit rate but moode cannot output it.
A couple of things come to mind...

1) RPi4 firmware...is this updated ?

2) The symptoms would  indicate a power supply issue,  random connections etc. 
What is the power supply you are using for the RPi4 ? Do you have any other USB devices connected to the Pi ?

bob
----------
bob
There is an issue in 6.6.0 where the presence of an HDMI device changes the audio card numbering and prevents USB audio from being recognized.

Its fixed in upcoming 6.7.0 release.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-18-2020, 07:53 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 01:31 PM)Origin8 Wrote: I have the 2GB version. I just try to write the 6.5.2 version and it's working (I can boot and connect through SSH). I don't have access to the web UI but this should be an issue with my local network (DNS or something like that).

How did you "connect through ssh?" Using the hostname or the IP address? Whichever worked for ssh should also work for the moOdeUI. DNS would be involved if you used the hostname but not if you used the IP address, so the latter is always worth trying. You can eliminate your LAN router/access point from the equation by letting moOde boot up in WiFi AP mode and do all your configuration and testing (with tracks on a USB memory stick) via a WiFi client.

Quote:I notice that I have a freeze when I'm trying to get information about the firmware
sudo rpi-eeprom-update

also a freeze if I'm trying to get the temperature :
/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp

There's so much you haven't told us about your system that it's impossible to know what to suggest. These low-level Raspbian programs are independent of moOde. If they aren't working then the problem must be pretty basic.

You have observed the basics I hope: good-quality brandname uSD card from a trustworthy supplier, power supply adequate to the needs of the RPi4B and a proper USB-C power supply cable, flashed a fresh image using a program like Balena Etcher which verifies the data on the flashed card against the image file, running either an Ethernet connection or a WiFi connection but not both, etc.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

Thank you for your reply, I don't expect a direct solution (I understand that it's not easy without being in front of the Pi).
I'm quite confident about HW :
- SD card is a Sandisk 16GB, I think it still good as it can boot other system (like RaspberryOS), I ordered a new one (Samsung 32GB) to be sure
- Power supply is good (Omron industrial power supply up to 7A)
- I'm using an adapter Mini-USB -> USB-C (maybe not very good), I will try with a Laptop USB-C power supply this evening
- I tried using Ethernet connection, can connect SSH using IP or hostname with 6.5 version (not with 6.6 but I think it is because I don't have hdmi display cable pluged), I will try this evening using the brand new 6.7 moode version

In order to try Wifi only, how can I let moOde boot up in WiFi AP mode?
If there's no Wifi configured and no ethernet, moOde should boot into AP mode. Just select the moOde network when it appears (may take a while) and go to moode.local or 172.24.1.1
To follow up on jonners' reply, here's a snippet from the setup.txt file:

Quote:- Access Point (AP) mode:
  (a) IP address: 172.24.1.1
  (b) SSID: Moode
  © Password: moodeaudio
  (d) Channel: 6
- AP mode starts automatically when:
  (a) WiFi SSID is set to 'None' in Network config and there is no Ethernet connection
  (b) WiFi SSID is defined but no IP address was assigned by DHCP. This typically
  occurs when connection to the SSID fails.
- Default Samba shares are NAS, Playlists, Radio, and SDCard
- Each USB disk will also have a Samba share named after its Disk Label

None of this has changed recently so I'm surprised at the difference you experience with r6.6.0 vs r6.5.2.

Regards,
Kent
Good news, my Rpi4b is working like a charm with the last 6.7 version! Unfortunately I can't tell what was the problem with older versions...

Let's listen some great music again :-)