Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Import/Export Radio Stations and merge them
Hi all,
first i want to emphasize that i really appreciate the new feature of exporting and importing stations, that really simplifies the process of a backup and when i upgrade the version to a higher major number when my personal stations are lost with installing a new fresh image.

I' now looking for a possibility how to merge new stations to my list without dropping my existing ones.
Ideally there would be a merge possibility, importing a new list without deleting the old ones => a new idea how to improve the import functionality in future.

As long as a "Merge" or "Import without deleting the database before" doesn't exist:
How would be the necessary manual steps to merge manually two stations.zip archieves?

Edit /var/local/www/db/cfg_radfio.csv and insert the new station(s) here at the end

Insert a new .pls file in 
\var\lib\mpd\music\RADIO\

Insert a new logo in 
\var\local\www\imagesw\radio-logos\
\var\local\www\imagesw\radio-logos\thumbs\

Which criteria must the image files met?

When a merge would be easy possible, it would simplyfy the way how users can share their favorite radio stations.

Best, 
Christoph
If you look at my solution of a year ago (https://github.com/TheOldPresbyope/moode-radio-utils) you'll see it did just this merge. That code was written to help a single user with his problem. I haven't revisited it to see how it compares to Tim's solution, but based on my experience I'm sure Tim's could be adjusted to suit.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent, I will have a look at it.
I'll add "merge" to the TODO list for moOde 7 series.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks Tim, sounds great! :-)