Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Chromecast audio
(04-01-2020, 02:36 PM)Lttlwing16 Wrote: Just wanted to revisit this. I've been working on getting upmpdcli to actually work with the new gmusicapi oauth_login, but I'm not versed in python, and am really just taking shots in the dark. I have put in a request with the upmpdcli dev, but haven't heard back yet.

Chromecast would also be a great option, if it can be easily integrated. I'd be happy to test if someone is working on this.
It's easy to get excited about developing an opensource Chromecast receiver. After all, Google publishes a Google Cast (Chromecast's former name) SDK with API documentation, right? It's only when you drill down into the fine print that you discover all the hurdles.
You could try searching github for a Chromecast equivalent to gmusicapi.
Regards,
Kent
(04-01-2020, 04:01 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 02:36 PM)Lttlwing16 Wrote: Just wanted to revisit this. I've been working on getting upmpdcli to actually work with the new gmusicapi oauth_login, but I'm not versed in python, and am really just taking shots in the dark. I have put in a request with the upmpdcli dev, but haven't heard back yet.

Chromecast would also be a great option, if it can be easily integrated. I'd be happy to test if someone is working on this.
It's easy to get excited about developing an opensource Chromecast receiver. After all, Google publishes a Google Cast (Chromecast's former name) SDK with API documentation, right? It's only when you drill down into the fine print that you discover all the hurdles.
Regards,
Kent

I understand it's probably a big undertaking. 

I did search for equivalents, and couldn't find any. A couple plugins for raspbian through a third party media player, but required a special app on the device, which is counterintuitive, IMO. 

Thanks,

David
(01-18-2021, 05:16 PM)Billy1707 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:20 PM)Lttlwing16 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:01 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

I understand it's probably a big undertaking. 

I did search for equivalents, and couldn't find any. A couple plugins for raspbian through a third party media player, but required a special app on the device, which is counterintuitive, IMO. 

Thanks,

David

See this Topic line: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...chromecast

Apparently dresdner353 solved this : http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...chromecast

Huh? The OP asked for a way to make moOde a Chromecast receiver. You have pointed to a post describing a way to make moOde a Chromecast sender. Apples and oranges, my friend.

Regards,
Kent
As stated way back in 2019 in this very thread, you can do this with DLNA/UPnP using an instance of BubbleUPnP Server.

It's not difficult, but also not perfect in that it isn't gapless, and it is limited to 24-bit/96kHz.

https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpser...erers.html
So.. any news on this?

I kind of regret selling my Chromecast audio, a bit in a rush, to a friend - just to keep him from buying a mediocre Bluetooth receiver Wink

To have Chromecast (receiver) functionality built-in with Moode would be a killer feature IMO... to be able to directly stream from apps like Soundcloud/Mixcloud/Bandcamp etc...
Is there an Open Source project for "Chromecast Receiver"?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-14-2022, 03:08 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Is there an Open Source project for "Chromecast Receiver"?

Couldn't say for sure..  Huh

2nd post here is probably the reason why?
https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic...2#p1719587
Hi, would it be possible to use Raspicast to cast the music file to MoOde? Raspicast runs on Android phones but maybe it can be adapted to MoOde.
(03-28-2022, 09:17 AM)Tantor Wrote: Hi, would it be possible to use Raspicast to cast the music file to MoOde? Raspicast runs on Android phones but maybe it can be adapted to MoOde.

Sorry, Raspicast acts as a “caster”, e,g, a sender, not a receiver.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent thank you for the answer. I understand that the android app acts as a sender to a piece of software on a Raspberry under Raspbian.

https://www.makeuseof.com › tag
How to Make Your Own DIY Chromecast With a Raspberry Pi - MakeUseOf