Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Taken by surprise on Friday the 13th...
I have not coded it yet!

There will be a small update package for 4.2 that will be released in the next couple of weeks. It contains a some minor bug fixes and updates that did not make it into the production release.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-13-2018, 07:37 PM)jonners Wrote: 4.2 build went smoothly for me. However I'm disappointed to find that I can't go directly to the 'Browse' panel any more. I have to wait for the library to load (I never use the library view) and then switch over to view my USB Disc files.

(07-13-2018, 09:03 PM)Rucia1 Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 07:37 PM)jonners Wrote: 4.2 build went smoothly for me. However I'm disappointed to find that I can't go directly to the 'Browse' panel any more. I have to wait for the library to load (I never use the library view) and then switch over to view my USB Disc files.

it is also very uncomfortable. I want the "Browse" panel  Sad

Hi,

Initially I had planned a setting to establish either Library or Browse as the default panel when first click on the Music tab after a boot, page refresh or Source config that resulted in a database update but I'm wondering why the preference in your particular cases to the Browse panel?

Please help me understand the usage scenarios where Browse panel is preferred over the Library panel.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Tim, for me browse is preferred as it handles flac files in a coherent way.

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...26#pid2126
----------
bob
Hi Bob,

The Lib is not using the audio format, its only using Genre, Artist (AlbumArtist) and Album tags that are present in the song files. If MPD can't read the tags then all bets are off and something is prolly broke in the files.

Submit some sample files to MPD Git issues list and see if MaxK might have an opinion.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(07-14-2018, 02:52 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Hi,

Initially I had planned a setting to establish either Library or Browse as the default panel when first click on the Music tab after a boot, page refresh or Source config that resulted in a database update but I'm wondering why the preference in your particular cases to the Browse panel?

Please help me understand the usage scenarios where Browse panel is preferred over the Library panel.

-Tim

It's more convenient, I have everything sorted.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@Tim "If MPD can't read the tags then all bets are off and something is prolly broke in the files."

Yeah, mpd's a bitch,... everything else on Hughie's little green earth reads .flac tags but mpd.

I will see if MaxK  might have a look but won't hold my breath....

Irrespective of that.....as mpd is a bitch and won't work with flac in library view this is why I use Browse view....just saying..
----------
bob
(07-14-2018, 02:52 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Hi,

-Tim

I also use Browse. I don't use the library as I have everything sorted and find going straight to Browse more convenient.
(07-14-2018, 02:52 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

-Tim

I have my rather large music collection well sorted (folders, sub-folders, naming, etc) making finding and playing the files an easier task by BROWSE rather LIBRARY
(07-13-2018, 09:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Hi,

There is a setting planned for a post 4.2 update that will allow you to set either Library or Browse as the default that is displayed when the Music tab is first tapped.

-Tim

Brilliant. Smile  Thanks Tim.
I too prefer to access my music via Browse so that I can view it as I sorted it. The library view is not much help for my collection, which is mostly classical.
Hi Tim... fixed the .flac tagging errors... as you surmised it was the file convention....ulp...
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...61#pid2161
----------
bob