Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

first 4.2 bug report.... SOLVED
Solved ....below

If I load an album by clicking on the cover art in library view the number of tracks is incomplete and  truncated by one.

If I browse to the sources tab and open the folder (sdcard) the full number of tracks are shown and are loaded when clicking the folder to 'add'
----------
bob
(07-13-2018, 05:10 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: If I load an album by clicking on the cover art in library view the number of tracks is incomplete and  truncated by one.

If I browse to the sources tab and open the folder (sdcard) the full number of tracks are shown and are loaded when clicking the folder to 'add'

I don’t see that behavior in my collection but fairly late in the game we discovered a quirk with how the library is organized where non-uniform genres on an album can cause the routine to think it’s part of a compilation album and so not come up in search, what you're seeing may be a side effect of the fix or something related. Or not. Either way please zip up an album or two that exhibit the behavior and send a link to Tim.

Browse is a file based interface so doesn’t care about that sort of thing.
I wasn't aware that 4.2 had been released. 'Check for software update' still shows I'm on the latest version, so how to update?
jonners,... see http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...15#pid2115 ;-)
----------
bob
(07-13-2018, 07:12 AM)swizzle Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 05:10 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: If I load an album by clicking on the cover art in library view the number of tracks is incomplete and  truncated by one.

I don’t see that behavior in my collection but fairly late in the game we discovered a quirk with how the library is organized where non-uniform genres on an album can cause the routine to think it’s part of a compilation album and so not come up in search, what you're seeing may be a side effect of the fix or something related. Or not. Either way please zip up an album or two that exhibit the behavior and send a link to Tim.

Browse is a file based interface so doesn’t care about that sort of thing.

Thanks!  sounds likely. I will try sending Tim a zip....
Hmmm they're .flac so they won't compress lol.... I will try setting up dropbox or similar..

Ok there is something really odd happening with library view/DB.

I have just tagged an album using Audacity's 'save multiple' where each field (artist, album, year, genre) is the same with only the track name differing.

Copied it to Moode sdcard and updated.
The library tab shows it as 2 artists..one with cover-art and 2 tracks and the other with 11 tracks and without cover-art.
In addition it shows as 2 albums each with cover art, one with 5 random tracks the other with 6....so not even the correct total number of tracks...
Browse to sdcard source and it is there with all tracks.

Looked at each track using 'Mediainfo' and can confirm the only difference is track title. Every other field is the same and 'position' increments by 1 for each track.

Deleted the folder and reloaded it and now only two tracks total show in library view..

Edit.... looks like it is a flac problem....other formats seem ok. I recall kent investigating flac tagging conventions at some point as several users had reported problems.
I will just keep using the browse folder view...;-)
----------
bob
Fixed !!!!  Not a MoOde bug...Not an mpd failing per se....  a tagging convention that is demanded by mpd but not other players.

The fix was to install, configure, and run, beets on my Ubuntu box ... not for the faint of heart... but all tags were repaired. Transferred the newly tagged folder to my Moody-pi and now the full file loads in library mode and is correct in timing and track order.....
(tried just about every other tagger with no result)

Choiceness Nigel!

http://beets.io/
----------
bob