The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

From plain Debian + Jack2 + MPD to Moode: doubts
Hi,
I'm about to receive my first RPi based audio streamer, an Allo USBridge Signature Player, and I'm preparing for it, since my background is quite different.

Firstly, the USBridge will come with Volumio pre-installed, I've read multiple reviews preferring Moode over Volumio sound quality wise, thus I already have burned a Moode SD card, ready for the jump Smile

As per the subject, today I'm using a plain Debian installation on a mini-itx fanless x86 device, with Jack2 and MPD installed: I have done all the tuning manually (realtime kernel, system minimization, no CPU stepping, unused hardware disabled etc.), especially on the Jack2/ALSA side, where I use fixed 44.1Khz sampling (ripped CDs is all I have), buffer size of 16KB and periods/buffer of 3.
I know that latency and jitter are just loosely related, but achieving a theoretical 0.4ms latency gave me the best audio result with my gear (Topping DX7 Pro DAC).

Will Moode give me this kind of control?
I know the benefits of Allo's USBridge are due to the no-noise signal path, and that will be certainly a gain compared to my current (electrically) noisy mini-PC, I just don't love the idea of loosing the control over low level parameters to obtain that hardware benefit.

Any comment and suggestion is highly appreciated, thanks.

Messages In This Thread
From plain Debian + Jack2 + MPD to Moode: doubts - by roberto.pierpaoli - 08-18-2020, 09:55 AM