Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

From plain Debian + Jack2 + MPD to Moode: doubts
(08-18-2020, 12:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's Open Source. You can modify it in any way to suit your own needs, and you are welcome to propose changes or features to stock moOde that you feel would be of benefit. 

To get the most out of the SIG, feed it and the DAC with a high quality LPS. Allo's Shanti Dual LPS is a bargain.

Tim! You are the architect of the Matrix, I'm honored, thanks for your feedback! Smile 

As you can read in my reply to TheOldPresbyope, I just don't want to mess things up in a well designed system.
My only real target is to control ALSA's buffer size and period/buffer ratio, hence feeding the DAC with a low latency packet stream: in my system it makes a difference, maybe it will result to be not relevant with Moode, but I'd like to be able to try and listen.

The RT kernel and Jack daemon are not targets, they are just means to get there: the data stream was not fluid without them in my installation. Do you have any tip on how to configure Moode for this kind of aim?

(As per the power supply, I'm going to start with the iFi iPower X, I know the mighty Shanti is even quieter (0,08uV versus 1uV), but the iFi has anyway really good numbers considering its price, size and design. If I'm happy, a further test with the Shanti will be mandatory Wink )

Messages In This Thread
RE: From plain Debian + Jack2 + MPD to Moode: doubts - by roberto.pierpaoli - 08-18-2020, 02:08 PM