Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Can't get Moode to sort by Artist
It's on the TODO list for one of the 8 series releases.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-02-2022, 04:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's on the TODO list for one of the 8 series releases.

Thanks and I'm very much looking forward to this feature!!!!
I've finished the coding but I want to make sure I got the usage scenario right.

1. Tag view sort order = Artist/Year
2. Click on Genre or Artist
3. Albums are listed in year order (earliest first)
4. Click on the large cover art in lower left
5. Click one of the Add or Play commands

The tracks in the play Queue for the selected Genre or Artist will be ordered according to the order of the Albums displayed in Tag View.

Example:

In the screen shot of Playback view the tracks are in same order as the albums in Tag view which are ordered by Year. Note that track 16 Desafinado.. is the first track of [disk3]

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-02-2022, 08:42 PM)Hey Tim, sorry for the delay, I haven\t been here since my last post as I have been awaiting the upgrade. I loaded it a couple of days ago and have been using it since. It appears to do exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks so much for getting this fix in. Take care. Tim Curtis Wrote: I've finished the coding but I want to make sure I got the usage scenario right.

The tracks in the play Queue for the selected Genre or Artist will be ordered according to the order of the Albums displayed in Tag View.

Example:

In the screen shot of Playback view the tracks are in same order as the albums in Tag view which are ordered by Year. Note that track 16 Desafinado.. is the first track of [disk3]

-Tim
(04-02-2022, 08:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I've finished the coding but I want to make sure I got the usage scenario right.

Example:

-Tim

Hi Tim, I have been using the latest upgrade and the sorting feature does work but now I have another problem. Many times I select a genre to play and it does have the sort correctly done in the play queue but it appears to be limited to 1000 entries. For example, when I go into the Tagview and select the genre I want to play, select Clear/Play and return to the Now Playing view, there are just 1000 entries in the queue on the left hand side of the screen. Some of my genre's include several thousand songs.
Is there a way for me to expand this list by changing a setting or is this limit hard-coded right now? Thanks.
The number of songs in the Queue can range from 2 to 32768 and defaults to a limit of 16384. This is on the MPD Config screen and it corresponds to the /etc/mpd.conf setting named max_playlist_length.

There are also some PHP settings that control how many data items can be sent between client and server.

I'll investigate tomorrow and see if I can repro.
Enjoy the Music!
(06-29-2022, 10:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The number of songs in the Queue can range from 2 to 32768 and defaults to a limit of 16384. This is on the MPD Config screen and it corresponds to the /etc/mpd.conf setting named max_playlist_length.

There are also some PHP settings that control how many data items can be sent between client and server.

I'll investigate tomorrow and see if I can repro.

Thanks Tim, I'll be on vacation for a week starting tomorrow so it might be a few days after I get back before I can test it again.
No need to test. I was able to repro the issue and it is being caused by a setting in php.ini which is defaulting to 1000 which is the max number of individual data items that can be transfered from server to client.

The 1000 default is because of a bug in the post install process in the moode-player package.

I'll add a fix list for the next release and in-place update. In the meantime if you want to apply a patch try the procedure below.

Code:
sudo sed -i "s/^;max_input_vars.*/max_input_vars = 32768/" /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

moodeutl -r
Enjoy the Music!
Tim, I executed the above commands and my queue has expanded beyond 1000 entries. Thanks very much for the quick fix, take care.
Nice :-)
Enjoy the Music!