Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Flac Albums list tracks twice, and play twice
I haven't used my player for a couple of weeks, but I recently fired it up, updated it, and proceeded to play some music.

When displaying albums in either Tag Mode, or view tracks in Album Mode, I find that my Flac albums display all tracks twice. If i select Play Album, it also adds the tracks to the playlist twice. This doesn't happen for MP3 albums though.

When I last used my MoOde player it didn't have this problem, so was something recently changed that may have caused the problem?

I searched some previous similar problems, but they weren't exactly like my problem.

I have tried both Updating and Re-Generating the database, but this hasn't helped at all.

Some screen shots:

Album View:

Tag View Flac:

Tag View  MP3:

Player View:

My System Info:

S Y S T E M   P A R A M E T E R S

moOde release        = 6.4.2 2020-02-12
Raspbian OS        = 10.4
Linux kernel        = 4.19.97-v7+ #1293
Platform        = Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3
Architecture        = armv7l (32-bit)
System uptime        = up 36 minutes
Timezone        = Australia/NSW
Current time        = 2020-09-07 11:32:59

Cheers for any information to try and sort this out
Bob
@Bob_m_54

Do your FLAC album directories include playlist files (.m3u, for example)? That’s the easiest way I know to get this doubling effect and my CD-FLAC ripper generated .companion .m3u files until I changed its default settings.

Regards,
Kent
(09-07-2020, 03:57 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Bob_m_54

Do your FLAC album directories include playlist files (.m3u, for example)? That’s the easiest way I know to get this doubling effect and my CD-FLAC ripper generated .companion .m3u files until I changed its default settings.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent, no they don't. All the folders have is the flac files and a cover.jpg. But the strange thing is, I didn't have this situation when using MoOde previously. Something has changed since last time I used it, about 2 weeks ago, and now, since I updated the system.
I have sorted out my problem. I think...
When I updated my music on my NAS (Synology DS218J) the other day, I renamed one of the folders in my shared music folder from Flac to FLAC, to make things easier when copying files from my USB HDD to the NAS. It appears that was when I started having the doubled track listings.

What I found, when I tried to stream music from my NAS directly to my Yamaha RX-V1071, was that when I selected to browse by Folders, I could see both Flac and FLAC folders listed, even though only the FLAC folder was visible using a file browser on my Linux laptop, and Synology File App. It seems to have been caused by renaming the folder via a file browser on the laptop, instead of using the Synology Web Interface.

I moved my 3 music folders (FLAC, MP3 and Comedy) from the shared music folder on the NAS to the photos folder on the NAS temporarily, and then deleted the MoOde Library Tag Cache, Updated the MPD database and Re-Booted MoOde (which cleared my library). Then I moved the 3 music folders back to the NAS Shared music folder, and re-generated the MPD database.

MoOde is now only showing each track listed singly, as it should, and only populates the play list with one instance of each track. The Yamaha receiver is still showing the "ghost" folder, unfortunately.

So the fault is in the way "Ghost" folders are persistent on the NAS. I am currently trying to resolve this. One suggestion on the Synology forum was to re-create the "Ghost" folders on the NAS using the web interface file app, then delete them, again using the web interface app. I have done this, but the NAS is currently re-indexing the media files, so I can't tell if this worked until re-indexing is finished.

I'll report back tomorrow and let you know how it pans out.

Edit: Next Morning....
OK, it looks like everything is back to normal again. I'm not 100% sure which was the crucial part of the fix, whether it was flushing the database by updating to an empty folder, then re-gen once the folder was re-populated, or whether it was the re-indexing of the NAS media folders. MoOde worked once the MoOde database was flushed, but other streaming devices didn't until after NAS re-index. But with both, all streaming devices appear to be back to normal. Happy days.. :-)

Also, I just realised that this thread may be in the wrong section? Should it have been posted in "Support" instead?

Bob
How do I change the thread heading to [SOLVED] ?
Open your first post, select "Edit", then "Full Edit", then change the prefix and save the result.

Regards,
Kent

PS - And, yes, this thread is in the wrong subforum. It's not a FAQ or Guide nor a question about one.
Thanks Kent, I also reported it for "Wrong Forum" too.. cheers mate.