Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode Audio 4.2
I just finished installing Moode 4.2 and ran it for a couple of hours.

What I like :

I like the sound, It is better, But I cannot articulate what improved.
UI is is more polished.
Icon list for Radio is awesome

What I din't:

USB and sources are in the play list tab, but difficult to find. the icons to change the view are a bit small and easy to miss
Bluetooth connectivity is not working through the GUI, have to do it from bluetoothctl.
Bluetooth now connects, But there is huge lag issue.  It might be the rpi itself which is not able to keep up. I have a 3b+ with local UI on.  

My request for improvement:
I would suggest a splashscreen to hide the startup code running with Rpi Display
Now the Radio Icons for manually added stations look bland.  Need an easier way to add icons to the radio list.

Overall a very good upgrade and now the UI is as good as it sounds.

Thanks very much  Tim and Beta Testers for your time and effort.
Hi,

I just wanted to organize the items in your post so it would be easier for myself and others to comment on them

Issues

1. USB and sources are in the play list tab, but difficult to find.
I don't quite understand this. Please provide more details.

2. The icons to change the view are a bit small and easy to miss
What type of client device are u using to view moOde

3. Bluetooth connectivity is not working through the GUI, have to do it from bluetoothctl.
Bluetooth now connects, But there is huge lag issue.  It might be the rpi itself which is not able to keep up. I have a 3b+ with local UI on. 
If u are getting a "huge lag" overall in your Bluetooth network then most likely the Pairing and/or Connect commands in the UI are timing out because they expect a normal, low latency Bluetooth network. The lag issue would suggest the presence of interference in the Bluetooth signal band or the signal is being attenuated (enclosure, building materials, etc)

Suggestions

1. A splashscreen to hide the startup code running with Rpi Display
This on the 4.3 TODO list but may also be included in an in-place update

2. Need an easier way to add icons to the radio list.
This on the 4.3 TODO list but may also be included in an in-place update

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim,

I built 4.2 late last night, up and running flawlessly as a UPnP Renderer with USB connected DAC on a Pi 3b since then. Great work as always! Donation sent, thanks again!

[Image: moode4-2-jpg.6707]
Built a new 8GB card with Moode 4.2

Just adding my albums now (takes a while) and listening to Radio Paradise.  Sounds good... I am using an iqaudio DAC+   I am curious to what others of same have their alsa setting set to in config.  Currently my alsa setting is 78 because someone told me once that it was an optimum setting (cannot remember the reason they gave)
That particular bug where actual volume was >0dB at full volume (100%) was fixed a long time ago. No need to Adjust ALSA volume.

The best setting for your DAC is MPD volume=Hardware.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Aha.... cheers Tim. Took a bit of searching but found the page on MPD settings where I could set volume to Hardware ??
moOde 4.2 installed without any problem and everything good, including bluetooth. The automated installation is so easy you wonder why anybody should have any problem building their moode. 
Tim, is there any technical reason you have replaced the upper right corner moOde (with red oO)? It was so nice and I really liked it. I am sure many will agree with me.
Donation made with joy.
Remy
Many thanks :-)

the moOde button was taking up valuable space on small mobiles like iPhone5 so we shortened it to m.
Enjoy the Music!
1.I don't quite understand this. Please provide more details.

Let me correct myself here, It is in the Music Tab. where I normally find music.

2.What type of client device are u using to view moOde
I use a laptop.  and even when I use phone the icons are too small that I misclick the other one. It would be nice to have it wide like the ones at the botton.

3. If u are getting a "huge lag" overall in your Bluetooth network then most likely the Pairing and/or Connect commands in the UI are timing out because they expect a normal, low latency Bluetooth network. The lag issue would suggest the presence of interference in the Bluetooth signal band or the signal is being attenuated (enclosure, building materials, etc)

I mounted the RPI in a screen case and mounted it in a shelf,  directly in line of sight and 6 feet away from the source. Tried with 2 android phones and a laptop.
I dont use bluetooth all that much, it doesnt bother me that much . But just checked it out for the sake of completeness. 

4.This on the 4.3 TODO list but may also be included in an in-place update
5.This on the 4.3 TODO list but may also be included in an in-place update
That would be great. Thanks for your effort

Mallik
I've never been a great fan of the trend to iconise everything, partly because I can parse the written word a lot faster than I can decipher pictures.

So, to me, the iconified Radio Station list is a step backwards.

Can we have an option to view Radio Stations in a text only list as before?

Apart from this and a few other UI niggles, I'm loving Moode 4.2.

Great work, Tim!

Phil