Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ver 6.7.1 freeze during setup on pi3A+
Ver 6.7.1 No problem on raspberry PI3 B+, no problem. Great audio quality with HiDAC+.
Check with raspberry PI3A+ (without eth0), but always freeze during setup.
Test with two different PI3A+ card, same problem.
Using Standard RaspbianOS the cards are OK.
Any suggest?
(09-09-2020, 11:57 AM)paovox Wrote: Ver 6.7.1 No problem on raspberry PI3 B+, no problem. Great audio quality with HiDAC+.
Check with raspberry PI3A+ (without eth0), but always freeze during setup.
Test with two different PI3A+ card, same problem.
Using Standard RaspbianOS the cards are OK.
Any suggest?

"Always freeze during setup" doesn't give us anything to work with. What exactly are you doing and how does it freeze?

FYI, All versions of moOde have worked on my RPi3A+s since whatever version was in release after I first bought them.

Regards,
Kent
If there is no ethernet connection and either no configured WiFi SSID or the configured SSID can't be reached, moOde will boot up in Access Point (AP) mode. In this mode it can be reached via "http://moode.local" or "http://172.24.1.1", whichever one works on your client. It sometimes take a minute or two to activate AP mode.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-09-2020, 12:07 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: "Always freeze during setup" doesn't give us anything to work with. What exactly are you doing and how does it freeze?

FYI, All versions of moOde have worked on my RPi3A+s since whatever version was in release after I first bought them.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
Thanks for your patience.
Right, i retry just now, download ver. 6.7.1, make SDcard with BalenaEtcher.
my HW: Pi3A+ new, DAC+ PiFi, power supply Raspberry original for PI3, connect with HDMI to a monitor

Insert SD and power on ().
System startup, view log on monitor
Than monitor became black
no wifi on
the green led on Pi flash every 8 sec
Insert an usb keyboard ma no response on enter.
wait 
check wifi status with a scanner  
After several minutes (about 8) view WIFI "Moodle" but disappear after few seconds (about 60).
Sometimes appeare on PC Wifi, try to connect with "modeaudio" passwd, but after: error "not possible to connect".
Led green no flash anymore.
AP Wifi "Moode" disappear...

I think that system is freezed, but perhaps there are a big wifi instability of AP "Moode" ? Huh
They symptoms suggest something external to moOde software for example a bad SDCard, insufficient power, interference in the WiFi 2.4 GHz band, etc.

The way to troubleshoot is:

1. Disconnect all peripheral devices from the Pi including the DAC HAT, Kbd, Monitor.
2. Connect an ethernet cable
3. Boot up and verify that you can connect and operate moOde without any issues.
4. Examine the Moode startup log and confirm there are no errors.

Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
(09-09-2020, 02:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: They symptoms suggest something external to moOde software for example a bad SDCard, insufficient power, interference in the WiFi 2.4 GHz band, etc.

The way to troubleshoot is:

1. Disconnect all peripheral devices from the Pi including the DAC HAT, Kbd, Monitor.
2. Connect an ethernet cable
3. Boot up and verify that you can connect and operate moOde without any issues.
4. Examine the Moode startup log and confirm there are no errors.

Code:
moodeutl -l
Hi Tim,
Thanks for your support.
At last, solved using custum setup
I insert  WLANSIDD and password direct on custom file "moodecfg.txt" before first boot.
I think the problem was something like "interference in the WiFi 2.4 GHz band".
Now all is OK
Thank you very much and congratulation for the splendid development af Moodeaudio
Glad it's solved :-)
Enjoy the Music!