Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: the beginning of a song
Hi,

I'm having trouble with the beginning of a song skipping for a few seconds (about 1-2 seconds).

I would be grateful if you could tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance.
Every song? or just the first song after you"ve powered up the DAC?

My Naim DAC always misses the first second or so of the very first song after power up, but after that it's fine. I assume that this is something to do with syncing of RPi & DAC?
Hi suzywong!

Thank you very much for your comment.
I'm sorry for the late reply.

I notice that every time I press the "rewind to beginning song button", the beginning of the song is cut off.
I used to be able to hear it normally, so I feel that it is some kind of setting.
But unfortunately I can't find a solution.

If you have any information you know, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Jun,
Hi Jun.

Thanks for starting a thread on the issue. 

I am also experiencing this cut off or fade-in on first songs. 

Initially I thought it was the pop mute option on the dac. But even at 0 pop mute there is still a steep fade in. Listening to Talk Talks 'it's my life' album, the first note on the piano on first song is missing. 

I have not found a solution yet. Though I have roamed many fora.

My memory might be playing tricks on me, but my impression is that it is worse on the 7.1.0 than on my previously loaded 6.7 moodeaudio.

Any suggestions of solving would be welcome.

Thanks Tim and team for the excellent software. In my opinion sound quality is fantastic and superior in the 7.1 compared to the earlier versions. 

Thanks

My setup is usb key as library -> usbridge sig. -> Allo revolution dac -> Densen Beat 150 -> Philharmonicaudio bmr monitor.
USBridge Sig. w. Nirvana SMPS, Supra USB, Soncoz La-qxd1, Allo Rev. w. Shanti LPSU, Black Rhodium opera interconnect w. Eichmann silver bullet plugs, Densen B-150xs, Duelund 12ga, Philharmonic Audio BMR monitor.
Zip up the track or album and PM me a download link. I'll try to repro on my Revolution DAC.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-24-2021, 10:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Zip up the track or album and PM me a download link. I'll try to repro on my Revolution DAC.

Hi Tim,

Just zipped and sent a link to you in a PM. 

I thought I should share what I found out so far:

Reading somewhere that the problem with missing beginning of a song might be DAC-related. I tried to switch back to my other dac a Soncoz la-qxd1 dac. The problem disapeared. Beginning of song was no longer missing.

I would like to resolve the "beginning of a song" problem on my Rev. dac. Because I cannot decide which of the two dacs I like the best.

Enjoy the music

Jacob
USBridge Sig. w. Nirvana SMPS, Supra USB, Soncoz La-qxd1, Allo Rev. w. Shanti LPSU, Black Rhodium opera interconnect w. Eichmann silver bullet plugs, Densen B-150xs, Duelund 12ga, Philharmonic Audio BMR monitor.
Quick test with USBridge SIG -> Revolution DAC (PopMute = 5) and I'm not hearing anything abnormal when the song starts. There is a 3 note piano opening then the vocal starts. I tried rewind, skip from previous track, restart, etc.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-28-2021, 08:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Quick test with USBridge SIG -> Revolution DAC (PopMute = 5) and I'm not hearing anything abnormal when the song starts. There is a 3 note piano opening then the vocal starts. I tried rewind, skip from previous track, restart, etc.

Thanks Tim.

Actually, I did not try to increase the popmute. I thought that was the opposite way to go, if the beginning of a song was missing. 

I'll increase the popmute later today and see if it resolves the issue. 

Thanks again.

Jacob
Hi all,

I found a thread on the allo help forum dealing with the cut off in the beginning of a song.

The culprit seems to be the oversampling bypass. Turning the "OSF-B" on solves the problem. This also turns off the volume control. But sound quality appears improved. 

I don't know if allo has resolved this in a firmware update.

Regards

Jacob
Just as a data point, I'm not experiencing the issue and OSF bypass is Off. No issue at any pop/mute setting either, I just happened to have it at 5 what I tested earlier.
Enjoy the Music!