Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Allo Piano 2.1 not working in 6.71
I can confirm the Piano 2.1 and Kali work with latest Moode 7.01 and stock kernel having installed and playing fine yesterday. Smile
I'm happy to walk-through my settings and will post tomorrow once I return home and can check them.

(The Kali has a hardware bug which Allo are unable to fix. So you still need to set sox up-sampling to 32 bit)
----------
bob
Here are the configurations I am using.

glb_mclk had to be disabled for output to occour. Not ideal but I'm supposing this is the tradeoff for the Piano 2.1 working again. Perhaps a future update from RPi/Allo may address this. (See Edit below...works now Smile )

I added the Piano 2.1 firmware to allow dual-mono with setting of each channel output as otherwise one is always louder than the other... I believe this is a bug in the Piano 2.1 hardware.

Code:
cd ~
wget https://github.com/allocom/piano-firmware/archive/master.zip
sudo unzip master.zip
sudo rm ./master.zip
sudo cp -r ./piano-firmware-master/lib/firmware/allo /lib/firmware
sudo rm -rf ./piano-firmware-master
Then use MoOde volume setting=disabled
ALSA max volume =94
Analogue gain =0db
Subwoofer volume =94

check with...
Code:
pi@kali:~ $ ./piano.sh
Dual mode: Dual-Mono
Subw mode: None
Sub xover: 60
Sub level: 94%
Main levl: 94%
Mstr levl: 94%

I'll give it another couple of upgrade cycles and if glb_mclk is not re-enabled by Allo then I will retire the Piano and use the Kali off-board with another DAC.  Meantime it plays.

Edit.. O.K. got glb_mclk working by adjusting the Piano dip switches...(Previously both had to be Off)  With the Pi powered off...set the RPI compatibility to Off and the Hat to On.  Go back to Audio settings and enable glb_mclk, reboot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

----------
bob
Sorry for the basic questions, but I’m about to set up the Piano 2.1 for the first time (with moOde 7.3).

How does volume control work if the moOde volume is disabled? Is that to let a preamp down the chain handle volume?

Could i have moOde volume enabled if I don’t have a channel imbalance?