Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ZeroPi and moode-audio
Hello,

I‘m looking for a „minimal solution“ to bring my audio files from NAS via RJ45 (SMB/CFIS) to [moode-audio] to my Audiolab M-One amplifier (integrated DAC ESS9018K2M) via USB (A-B). 

Does this tiny guy work with moode-audio? — > link: ZeroPi. It seems that it contains all I need for my project. 

PS: I still have an Odroid C1+, but if I‘m right this is not for moode? With another audio distribution it works in this way (up to DSD256). But I like to test moode.  Smile

Regards,
Oliver
Moode is designed for the Raspberry Pi, and while it might work on other boards it won't be supported.
----------------
Robert
Thanks for your reply.

Only for better understanding: subject single-board pc is new for me and I thought FriendlyElecs ZeroPi or Orange Pi Zero were counterparts to Raspberry and suitable for moode. I know Odroids are "out". Smile

the_bertrum Wrote:while it might work on other boards it won't be supported.

So, do I have to buy an original RasPi or can I even go with an Orange Pi if ZeroPi won't work, too? (knowing about no support)
(09-24-2020, 10:17 AM)masterkw Wrote: Thanks for your reply.

Only for better understanding: subject single-board pc is new for me and I thought FriendlyElecs ZeroPi or Orange Pi Zero were counterparts to Raspberry and suitable for moode. I know Odroids are "out". Smile

the_bertrum Wrote:while it might work on other boards it won't be supported.

So, do I have to buy an original RasPi or can I even go with an Orange Pi if ZeroPi won't work, too? (knowing about no support)

Quoting from the moodeaudio.org home page: "Audiophile-quality music playback for the wonderful Raspberry Pi family of single board computers." 

That's "Raspberry Pi family" as in "has a Raspberry Pi™ board inside."

Here's a quick test: download the latest ready-to-use ISO image of moOde and flash it to a uSD card as described on the home page. If it it boots and runs on a random brand-X singleboard computer of your choice, great. If not, you have your work cut out for you. 

Someone with experience using Linux and with porting system software to different host environments should be able to get most (but not all) of moOde's functionality running on a system of their choice. With every release of a new version of moOde, they'd have to do it again, possibly having to sort out a new wrinkle each time.

Candidly, given the questions you are asking, I don't think you are such a person. 

Further, this is not the forum for learning about the differences between various single-board computers (SBC). I suggest you start with 
whatever forum exists for the SBC of your choice.

If you are looking for small and cheap, why not just buy a RaspberryPi ZeroW or possibly a RaspberryPi 3A+, boot moOde, and enjoy the music?

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

I apologise if I have expressed my unhappy. Smile

To buy an Odroid C1+ was a quick decision (low price offering) knowing RuneAudio is working "out of the box" as I've described above.

TheOldPresbyope Wrote:"...for the wonderful Raspberry Pi family of single board computers."

I was assuming that the PC must be from the Raspberry Foundation, i.e. an original RasPi, not a derivative. The reason therefor is I'd have to buy it yet. Now I'm clear.

TheOldPresbyope Wrote:Candidly, given the questions you are asking, I don't think you are such a person.

To optimize RuneAudio's operation with an MPD app, I'm currently making adjustments to MPD, nginx/lighttpd via SSH. So I'm willing to learn the necessary things. Smile

TheOldPresbyope Wrote:Further, this is not the forum for learning about the differences between various single-board computers (SBC).

That was not the intention of my question.

Regards,
Oliver