Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Thumbnails in Library Album by Articst
I'm curious about how you have managed to assemble a library of any size without having to work very hard to keep it out of some sort of folder hierarchy, as Tim says most ripping software will suggest it, most download sources will provide it (although as I typed that I recall that my favourite, Bandcamp, does not use folder structures). But anyway, it common enough to be near universal that tracks are gouped into folders of "albums" which are grouped by "artist", The album and athe artist are flexible, for example I have "Mozart" as an artist, even though he certainly isn't playing on any recording. I also have "albums" called "singles" in which all the single tracks from an artist are gathered. The exact makeup of the structure needs to suit how you listen to your music. Moode will then take this structure and give you one image per album in the album view. If you look for music library management software you will find many options for automatically re-organising your files based on the tags.
----------------
Robert
s a firsttime user of Exact Audio Copy,I blindly followed instructions that I found at https://captainrookie.com/how-to-setup-e...c-ripping/

It calls for a command line of:
" -8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %source% -o %dest% "

I also needed to edit the cover.jpg for each album as it did not link the album coveer to each file. Mp3Tag allowed this but it was tedious.

The post also states:
"NOTE: Don’t use a directory structure in your EAC filename options, unless you want to go back and edit your cue sheet later. When you add a directory to the naming scheme it will put that directory path into the files. If at a later date when you may have moved the files and you want to burn the files in EAC using your cue sheet you will be unable to do so. If you do insist on using a directory structure here you need to go back and edit the cue sheet in a program such as notepad and remove the folder name from each line.

For example a cue sheet line should look like this:

FILE "01 I Saw Her Standing There.wav" WAVE
Not like this:

FILE "C:\CD Rips\The Beatles - Please Please Me\01 I Saw Her Standing There.wav" WAVE"

That looks like where I screwed up. I can use Mp3Tag to convert some tags to artist/album for all files.
Just remember that the Thumbnail generator does not use tags, it uses the underlying directory structure which needs to be like below. We do this so it can run in parallel with MPD database update to form our "Library update" function.

artist1/
album1
album 2
artist2/
album1
album2
album3
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
So that guide looks (from a quick skim) to be about using EAC to create an accurate backup file of a CD and so avoids cutting the tracks into individual files which would mean the backup isn't an as perfect as possible copy of the data the way it is on the disc. Had you not cancelled the setup wizard, it would have guided you into method that created individual track files and had you store them in folders, which is more common though less perfect if you want files that are conceptually similar to those on the CD.
However, now that you are where you are, all you need to do is move the cue file, audio file and cover art file together into a structure as outlined by Tim above. Then Moode can tell what art goes with which audio file.
----------------
Robert
(10-01-2020, 05:39 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: So that guide looks (from a quick skim) to be about using EAC to create an accurate backup file of a CD and so avoids cutting the tracks into individual files which would mean the backup isn't an as perfect as possible copy of the data the way it is on the disc.  Had you not cancelled the setup wizard, it would have guided you into method that created individual track files and had you store them in folders, which is more common though less perfect if you want files that are conceptually similar to those on the CD.
However, now that you are where you are, all you need to do is move the cue file, audio file and cover art file together into a structure as outlined by Tim above.  Then Moode can tell what art goes with which audio file.

Do I understand that you are suggesting creating a new artist folder, then moving cue, audio and cover files into it for each artist?
CUE sheets are only really supported in Folder view. In Tag and Album you will be stuck with one big flac file and no way to break out the tracks.

Just rip CD's to individual tracks in an Artist/Album dir structure and either tell the ripper to embed the art in the files or create a cover.jpg file in the Album directory.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Typical file is:
Andrea Bocelli - Romanza - 13 - E choive (And it Rains).flac

Should this be:
Andrea Bocelli/Romanza/13/E choive (And it Rains).flac ?
(10-02-2020, 01:14 AM)malcolmwa Wrote: Typical file is:
Andrea Bocelli - Romanza - 13 - E choive (And it Rains).flac

Should this be:
Andrea Bocelli/Romanza/13/E choive (And it Rains).flac ?

Ah, you already do have them split into tracks it would seem.

If you make this folder:
Andrea Bocelli/Romanza/
You can then drop all the "romanza" files into that along with one cover image file and Moode will understand your albums and what art to associate with them.  You can also if wish make the file "Andrea Bocelli - Romanza - 13 - E choive (And it Rains).flac" into "13 E choive (And it Rains).flac", but that isn't totally necessary.
----------------
Robert
OK, thanks for the advice. I'll try that.

You know, it seems there is a "standard" way of doing this that is not apparent. I feel as if I am being told "there's this thing called Windows..." Using Moode for about 4 years, I find a whole new learning curve I have uncovered.

Thanks for your patience. Maybe a sticky covering this "standard"?
That did it! Thanks very much for your patience. I needed to flush my thumbnail cache and regenerate the MPD database.