Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Using FLIRC and other USB input devices for remote control
(12-01-2020, 06:17 PM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 02:45 PM)musiclover Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 07:15 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: (Assume you have updated the Flirc Firmware to the latest ?)

Plug the flirc into a PC and open the Flirc app. There is a setting for adjusting the key response. Adjust and save then plug back into the Pi.
https://support.flirc.tv/hc/en-us/articl...ey-Presses

Otherwise there is an old posting from Jason on the Flirc forum indicating a problem with some remotes and a fix. Ymmv.
http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/9...ls_19_menu

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately setting the inter-key-delay is not possible. The current Flirc windows software doesn't have this menu item, and flirc_util from the command line says "N/A for current firmware". Today I tried a different remote, but to the same effect...

Option would be to download an Ubuntu linux distro and burn it to USB pendrive using Etcher then boot your PC from that and use the Flirc app there.

Actually I installed flirc_utils on the very same Raspberry Pi moOdeaudio is running, deleted the config and set up my keys. But unfortunately to the same effect, only every second key pres is working...
@musiclover 

I just downloaded flirc.latest.x86_64.tar.gz to my big-iron Linux host and after some jiggerypokery with libraries I got flirc_util to run.

For my Flirc it reports

Code:
$ sudo ./flirc_util settings
FW Version: v4.6.3v4.6.3
  SKU:     Flirc 2.0 [dori]
  Branch:  master
  Config:  release
  Hash:    0x93A109D3

Settings:
 sleep detection:  always enabled
 noise canceler:   always enabled
 inter-key delay:  N/A for current firmware
 variant:          Flirc
 builtin profiles: NA
 Memory Info:      NA
 product sku:      Flirc 2.0 [dori]

Recorded Keys:
Index  hash       IK   ID  key
-----  --------   ---  --  ------------
   0  3A654AC9   130  01  a
    ...et cetera...

I have no desire to update my Flirc's firmware since my controllers are working fine with it but apparently the current version is 4.9.2 (inferred from running strings on flirc_util). Out of curiosity, what version are you running?

I don't think I have any more to add to this discussion since I am not able to reproduce the issue. Drone7 seems to have things in hand. IIRC he has a Flirc 1.0.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
[quote pid='27651' dateline='1606933646']
I have no desire to update my Flirc's firmware since my controllers are working fine with it but apparently the current version is 4.9.2 (inferred from running strings on flirc_util). Out of curiosity, what version are you running?

I don't think I have any more to add to this discussion since I am not able to reproduce the issue. Drone7 seems to have things in hand. IIRC he has a Flirc 1.0.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
[/quote]

Well, I have a Flirc 2.0 from last year with the current firmware version...
Just wanted to report for the records and for anyone running into the same problem that I final got it sorted out using a programmable remote which learned various buttons from other remotes which are used in different rooms than the moOde Raspi. Strangely enough some buttons of a Philips TV remote would also need two key presses, but some only one, so I used the latter ones, of course.  Smile
(12-05-2020, 03:18 PM)musiclover Wrote: Just wanted to report for the records and for anyone running into the same problem that I final got it sorted out using a programmable remote which learned various buttons from other remotes which are used in different rooms than the moOde Raspi. Strangely enough some buttons of a Philips TV remote would also need two key presses, but some only one, so I used the latter ones, of course.  Smile

Thanks for your follow up.

Regards,
Kent
I think I need help...

I connected FLIRC USB to my Raspi 4 running moode 7.0.1. Triggerhappy is active, latest FLIRC firmware installed. But when I try to record the input of my remote control via command line there is absolutely no response. On my Linux laptop I have no problems with the programming of the same control.

Am I doing it wrong?
You configure the Flirc device and remote setup from another computer...your laptop for example... for the commands you want to use in MoOde...then plug it into your Pi.
----------
bob
(01-06-2021, 12:03 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: You configure the Flirc device and remote setup from another computer...your laptop for example... for the commands you want to use in MoOde...then plug it into your Pi.

Interesting, thank you. I assume it is not possible to use the standard controllers? Do I have to start the FLIRC command line tool instead and "listen" to my remote control? Where can I get the commands for the Moode controls?
(01-09-2021, 07:23 PM)michdal Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 12:03 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: You configure the Flirc device and remote setup from another computer...your laptop for example... for the commands you want to use in MoOde...then plug it into your Pi.

Interesting, thank you. I assume it is not possible to use the standard controllers? Do I have to start the FLIRC command line tool instead and "listen" to my remote control? Where can I get the commands for the Moode controls?

I gave examples of everything I needed to know to make my controller+Flirc work with moOde in the first post in this thread. Is this not what you want?

Regards,
Kent
(01-09-2021, 07:43 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I gave examples of everything I needed to know to make my controller+Flirc work with moOde in the first post in this thread. Is this not what you want?

Regards,
Kent

I followed your how-to but I am not able to get the keycodes while running:

Code:
thd --dump /dev/input/event* | tee keycodes.cap

No output when pressing the remote buttons.