Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde goes into never never land
Latest version of moOde, running on RPI 4, 8gb ram, 64gb system chip.  Connecting to local network via wireless 5.2ghz.

Everything was running well after a few hours of testing and configuration.

I connected two USB drives, one is 256gb and updated library.
All OK.

BUT then, using my very small screen smart phone, while attempting to navigate folders on that 256gb USB drive, moOde decided I wanted to add the whole 256gb drive to a playlist!

Now even after powering off and on a few times, moOde is completely unresponsive and offline.
IP Scanner shows no IP address for it, cannot login using Putty, and no web page.  
moOde is dead in the water.  
Probably it is not even booting.

Do I need to rebuild the OS on the chip?
- Power down the RPi and unplug all USB devices
- Connect the RPi to the router via LAN cable
- Power up the RPi and scan again for devices on the home network (you can use the discovery feature within the router's Desktop app)
- Carry on with the testing according to the preliminary results obtained so far (in-built AUDIO TEST and RADIO only)
- Do not connect the USB devices until you are satisfied with your findings

Do not forget that you can only listen to the sound via the RPi sound output until you plug the USB DAC back on), also remember that you'll need to re-configure the MoOde config for NO HAT or USB.

All the above would presume that your MoOde uSD card hasn't got corrupted.
(09-29-2020, 04:02 AM)LtMandella Wrote: Latest version of moOde, running on RPI 4, 8gb ram, 64gb system chip.  Connecting to local network via wireless 5.2ghz.

Everything was running well after a few hours of testing and configuration.

I connected two USB drives, one is 256gb and updated library.
All OK.

BUT then, using my very small screen smart phone, while attempting to navigate folders on that 256gb USB drive, moOde decided I wanted to add the whole 256gb drive to a playlist!

Now even after powering off and on a few times, moOde is completely unresponsive and offline.
IP Scanner shows no IP address for it, cannot login using Putty, and no web page.  
moOde is dead in the water.  
Probably it is not even booting.

Do I need to rebuild the OS on the chip?
Hello, I can't say what went wrong.
my recommendation would be to format the SD card first and to install the latest moode version.
Make adjustments and test.
Until now I have never had problems with USB sticks.
And I have to say that I still use version 4.2 .. Smile Smile
- Connect the RPi to the router via LAN cable
- Power up the RPi and scan again for devices on the home network (you can use the discovery feature within the router's Desktop app)

Did those two steps, but no joy. moOde would not come up on the network.

So I remiaged the SD card, and redid the setup procedure from scratch. Only took about 30 minutes and now moOde is working and sounding great again.

Definitely seems to me that it sounds noticably better than either Volumio or piCorePlayer. I have no idea why that would be. Maybe MPD is a better sound processor than what those systems use? The RPI 4, DAC,Amp and Speakers I am using is the same for the three player systems.
... it looks like you can mark your thread as SOLVED...