Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

A blast from the past: the unease of the audiophile
It feels good to laugh. 

I just stumbled across this ten-year old column from hifizine.com.

The unease of the audiophile

I'm sure none of us sees any of these traits in ourself. Right?

Regards,
Kent
"Worse, you start to pick up a “collection” of audiophile-approved recordings that have fantastic soundstages wrapped around sterile tunes. And you leave these lying around in full view, just in case."

Yes, I've got a compilation of DSD recordings of pretty dull music that I can hardly bring myself to listen to, but find it even harder to delete.
----------------
Robert
I wonder if it's more frustrating for people like me who have a budget or those that genuinely can throw whatever they like at it (and do) & still wonder if they can do better somehow.
And do people with really high end gear enjoy music more?
Thanks for sharing Kent.

What I currently like to read for a good laugh are reviews of audiophile network cables and switches.
Sometimes sometimes I want to respond to the article because I can no longer handle the nonsense. Fortunately, I come to my senses just in time and move on.
(09-30-2020, 07:58 AM)bitlab Wrote: Thanks for sharing Kent.

What I currently like to read for a good laugh are reviews of audiophile network cables and switches.
Sometimes sometimes I want to respond to the article because I can no longer handle the nonsense. Fortunately, I come to my senses just in time and move on.

Gold plating on your RJ45's is essential man!
----------------
Robert
(09-29-2020, 06:51 PM)grasshopper Wrote: I wonder if it's more frustrating for people like me who have a budget or those that genuinely can throw whatever they like at it (and do) & still wonder if they can do better somehow.
And do people with really high end gear enjoy music more?
Well, for me the restrictions on funds lead me to RPi Audio and Moode, so that's increased my pleasure no end Smile

I think hi-end gear is more pleasurable largely because it something nice to look at while you listen.
----------------
Robert