Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Wifi / setup / configuration guide
(10-12-2020, 10:16 AM)Cpt_Ghost Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 11:29 PM)McFly Wrote: Thanks for all that input and help!  

Ok now, just did a fresh install of the latest moode on the sd card.  

Reseted the router to factory and just modified password and SSID like it was before.  Tried again the regular wi-fi setup and it worked the second time!  why it did not work the first one, I can't tell.  

I guess it was something with the router?  

Glad we did not have to go tru the long road ;Wink Thanks again!

Hey McFly,

I did a fresh install of moode on SD, reset router to factory and modified PW / SSID - but still i can't connect via WiFi.
Any ideas?

mmmm not really!  it's out of my league.  have you tried the tru SSH, toying with the supplicant file?  Read this thread!
Hello 
New member here

I'm having this same issue.
Tried several installs with different SD cards with no avail.
I believe the internal WiFi adapter is good because I can get in using AP mode when the WiFi connection fails.

My Password is in all capitol letters with 4 numbers in it. Could the capitol letters be an issue????

I'll try the troubleshooting mentioned above this weekend.
Woooo Hoooo

Got it to connect.

It was my wifi settings in my router.
I did have a W in quotes in the SSID. I changed that
I was using an older encryption setting "tkip". Changed that to wpa2-psk (AES).
I just used lower case letters and numbers in the password.

Connected on the first try.
Cool :-)

TKIP is a really old encryption scheme. moOde only supports "No security" or WPA/WPA2. I should prolly remove the "No security" option. I don't even remember why it's still there, lol.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-30-2020, 10:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Cool :-)

TKIP is a really old encryption scheme. moOde only supports "No security" or WPA/WPA2. I should prolly remove the "No security" option. I don't even remember why it's still there, lol.

Tim,
May I resume this thread -- or would you prefer I open a new thread.

My goal is to get my RPi 4 running headless, wifi, through my Meridian Dac.
It runs beautifully on my linux ethernet desktop,   While connected through the ethernet I also connect nicely through a browser on  my android phone.
On the Moode Network Config page
           Ethernet is set to DHCP.    and an iP address is listed.
            then in the Wireless section I can specify my SSID, and then either
                   have DHCP assign an IP address,  or
                   assign a static IP through my router.
                  I have tried both  - a different IP because the RP as a different Mac Address for wired and wireless.
If I then shutdown, disconnect the ethernet from the RPi, restart Moode on the RPi,
                     of course I can't access Moode from my desk, which has no wireless
           and:
                 a) if I connect my phone to my SSID, I can't connect to Moode --
                               neither through 172.24.1.1
                               nor through any other address, since I find none
                 b)  however, I do find Moode listed on my phone among the wifi access points
                              I can attach to that Moode AP  fine. 
                               and then through a browser I can open Moode through 172.24.1.1
                              then, running Moode on my phone,  I can navigate through all aspects of Moode, and see the list of all my music stored on a usb dongle attached to my router.
However,    I CAN'T PLAY ANY MUSIC
              If I try to open a radio station, is says there is an mpd error
                      MPD error
Failed to decode http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/m/rsc_de/aacp_96; CURL failed: Could not resolve host: stream.srg-ssr.ch

If I try to play music from my NAS, I get this message   (long file name shortened)
MPD error
Failed to decode /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FLAc/Handel,.....flac; Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FLAc/Handel,......flac': No such file or directory

I can't figure out what is going on.    Help will be greatly appreciated
(12-08-2020, 10:31 PM)OldYogi Wrote: Tim,

New thread would have been better but since we're here let's continue.
Quote:On the Moode Network Config page
                  I have tried both  - a different IP because the RP as a different Mac Address for wired and wireless.
If I then shutdown, disconnect the ethernet from the RPi, restart Moode on the RPi,

At this point, IF YOUR WIFI CREDENTIALS HAD BEEN ENTERED CORRECTLY, your moOde player has associated with the Access Point and has an IP address on your LAN which is certainly not in the 172.24.xxx.xxx address space. On devices supporting mDNS, which include iOS, OS-X, most modern Linux distros and I suppose Windows 7/10, you can try connecting to "moode.local" (or whatever you chose in place of moode in the system config panel). Android devices, sadly, still don't support mDNS in the browser, so you'll need an IP address. Android apps such as fing can show you all the IP addresses of all devices connected to your LAN.

However, the following statement suggests to me that your moOde player could not associate with your WiFi Access Point which suggests your WiFi credentials were not entered correctly.

Quote:                 b)  however, I do find Moode listed on my phone among the wifi access points
                              then, running Moode on my phone,  I can navigate through all aspects of Moode, and see the list of all my music stored on a usb dongle attached to my router.
                      MPD error
Failed to decode http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/m/rsc_de/aacp_96; CURL failed: Could not resolve host: stream.srg-ssr.ch

If I try to play music from my NAS, I get this message   (long file name shortened)
MPD error
Failed to decode /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FLAc/Handel,.....flac; Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FLAc/Handel,......flac': No such file or directory

Yes, you successfully connected to moOde but moOde isn't connected to your LAN so it cannot access your NAS or radio stations streaming on the Internet.

I suggest that while you are still connected to moOde, you go back to the Network config panel and try again. This time, use the scan button to find your SSID and accept it. Be sure you enter your WiFi password correctly. Accepting DHCP address assignment should work just fine and avoids accidentally duplicating an IP already in use.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
(12-08-2020, 11:02 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 10:31 PM)OldYogi Wrote: Tim,

New thread would have been better but since we're here let's continue.
Quote:On the Moode Network Config page

At this point, IF YOUR WIFI CREDENTIALS HAD BEEN ENTERED CORRECTLY, your moOde player has associated with the Access Point and has an IP address on your LAN which is certainly not in the 172.24.xxx.xxx address space. On devices supporting mDNS, which include iOS, OS-X, most modern Linux distros and I suppose Windows 7/10, you can try connecting to "moode.local" (or whatever you chose in place of moode in the system config panel). Android devices, sadly, still don't support mDNS in the browser, so you'll need an IP address. Android apps such as fing can show you all the IP addresses of all devices connected to your LAN.

However, the following statement suggests to me that your moOde player could not associate with your WiFi Access Point which suggests your WiFi credentials were not entered correctly.

Quote:                 b)  however, I do find Moode listed on my phone among the wifi access points
                      MPD error

MPD error

Yes, you successfully connected to moOde but moOde isn't connected to your LAN so it cannot access your NAS or radio stations streaming on the Internet.

I suggest that while you are still connected to moOde, you go back to the Network config panel and try again. This time, use the scan button to find your SSID and accept it. Be sure you enter your WiFi password correctly. Accepting DHCP address assignment should work just fine and avoids accidentally duplicating an IP already in use.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent

Thank you, thank you.   As you suggested I reverted to accepting a DHCP address, on my 5Gz wifi band.   First time through it worked, but way too slowly, and missing various elements, like a saved playlist, etc..   I reflashed MoOde -- reconfiguring it is pretty quick - and second time was perfect.  Beautiful, thank you.   Later today I will make sure it plays through my Meridian Explorer DAC.
Thanks again.   Smile