Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Raspberry Pi 4 + Allo Boos DAC,
I have a question, has anyone met with Raspberry Pi 4 + Allo Boos DAC, the wifi card stops working !!!

power supply is 5v 3A,
(10-09-2020, 07:17 AM)orcad Wrote: I have a question, has anyone met with Raspberry Pi 4 + Allo Boos DAC, the wifi card stops working !!!

power supply is 5v 3A,
Hello orcad,

The original power supply has 5.1v 3A.
I think it will be the same ... Smile

What do the logs say?
Has that worked before?
If so, which config adjustment was made?

More information is helpful ...
(10-09-2020, 11:49 AM)Cardone Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 07:17 AM)orcad Wrote: I have a question, has anyone met with Raspberry Pi 4 + Allo Boos DAC, the wifi card stops working !!!

power supply is 5v 3A,
Hello orcad,

The original power supply has 5.1v 3A.
I think it will be the same ... Smile

What do the logs say?
Has that worked before?
If so, which config adjustment was made?

More information is helpful ...

Yes you are right The original power supply has 5.1v 3A. !!!

I bought the whole set of Raspberry Pi 4 + Allo Boss DAC I downloaded from https://moodeaudio.org/ the latest version 6.7.1
I recorded on an SD card and ran the configuration the same as on the Raspberry Pi 3 + Allo Boss DAC and in this set the wifi works, and everything is improved, the problem is only on the Raspberry Pi 4 !!!!! where wifi turns off after configuring Allo Boss DAC !!
I also checked on Volumio, the problem occurs only in Raspberry Pi 4 !!! I wonder if you don't need a separate power supply for the Raspberry Pi 4 and Allo Boss DAC !! as of today I do not have a second power supply !!!!
@orcad

Maybe it's just me, but surely this quote from the Allo BOSS webpage is suggestive

Quote:BOSS 1.2 is a Master DAC compatible only with RPI 2 and 3

It's possible this was written before the RPi4 was released and they only meant the BOSS isn't compatible with Sparky and Kali (as it says earlier on the same webpage), but I think it's time for you to discuss your issue directly with Allo.

Regards,
Kent
I have a Pi4 + Boss + Official Pi4 PSU and no issues with WiFi.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-09-2020, 11:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Interesting ? !!! I also have an official power supply !! only raspberry pi 4 and Allo Boss were bought separately, maybe something is from raspberry pi?

and you only have raspberry pi? , You don't power Allo Boss separately ???
Sad 
(10-10-2020, 08:36 AM)orcad Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 11:26 PM)pid=\25741 Wrote:SOLVED  ! COS IS NOT YES, FOR WIFI TO WORK, YOU MUST SWITCH:

Driver options - SLAVE ENABLE !!! Smile

DOES IT AFFECT QUALITY TESTS !!!! SEEMS NOT !!!
Are you using a Kali Reclocker?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub