Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Roon endpoint (renderer)
(04-27-2018, 12:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't think so. Their license is highly restrictive and does not appear to allow including it in something like moOde.

"2.1 Except as set out in this License or permitted by any local law, you may not nor enable others to:
make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the Roon Software nor permit the Roon Software or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;"

Hi Tim,

I've asked about that on Roon forum. You can take a look at this thread.
They allow to integrate end point by downloading their software by installation script.
Such approach will provide best user experience because always the latest version of RoonBridge will be installed.
Is it possible to integrate RoonBridge in that way.

-Seba
Roon's license has nothing to do with ensuring that latest software is installed. If for example I installed it 2 years ago I would be running a 2 year old version.

The question to ask Roon is why they don't use an Open Source license like GPL or MIT. Then there would be no problem integrating their code.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hifiberry propose Roon endpoint too

https://www.hifiberry.com/build/software-selection/
(04-12-2018, 03:30 AM)vuckozagi Wrote: Just SSH and run this:

curl -O http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/roon...armv7hf.sh
chmod +x roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh
sudo ./roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

I thought the Raspberry Pi3B+ has an Arm8...
for info : 

Roon endpoint on Raspberry Pi3B+ works perfectly  : I just tried !

version linuxarmv7hf
I've been following Ropieee solution. They support Allo Boss, Piano, Katana, Hifiberry, IQAudio, etc. Another thing I really like is the built-in support for official 7-inch Raspberry Pi Touchscreen. It shows "What's playing" which is a big thing for me.
(05-24-2018, 01:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Roon's license has nothing to do with ensuring that latest software is installed. If for example I installed it 2 years ago I would be running a 2 year old version.

The question to ask Roon is why they don't use an Open Source license like GPL or MIT. Then there would be no problem integrating their code.

-Tim

Yes that IS the question, and I asked that same question a while ago to the COO.

They are not interested in going Open Source in any aspect, they see no benefit or reason to go OS. Even though going Open Source would not mean giving up its IP on its prized metadata they still don't want too. Its foolish if you ask me....Google has clearly shown what the benefits of OS is, as it opens the gates to so many options at little to no cost.
whats interesting is Roon not seeing a benefit in Open Source -yet- it uses so much Open Source components in its product

ALAC.tar.gz
SharpZipLib_0860_SourceSamples.zip
alac_decoder-0.2.0.tgz
cairo-1.14.2.tar.xz
epplus-6aec320281a6.zip
flac-1.2.1.tar.gz
freetype-2.5.0.tar.gz
giflib-5.1.1.tar.bz2
imageresampler_v221.7z
jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz
leveldb-1.13.0.tar.gz
libjpeg-turbo-1.4.0.tar.gz
libogg-1.3.1.tar.gz
libpng-1.6.3.tar.gz
libvorbis-1.3.3.tar.gz
lzma920.tar.bz2
mono-3.4.0.tar.bz2
nsis-2.46-src.tar.bz2
pixman-0.32.6.tar.gz
taglib-1.8.tar.gz
tiff-4.0.3.tar.gz
zlib-1.2.8.tar.gz
Blog Contact Privacy Policy
I have an Allo DAC Boss on a Pi 3. It's running Moode. I've got the Roon Core on a linux file server (Docker on unRaid)
https://forums.unraid.net/topic/82714-ro...on-support
After getting the Roon Core setup, I installed a Windows 10 Roon player (not the server version), and this popped up for me:
[Image: ej4wT1H.png]
Yes, Roon can stream audio via AirPlay and Moode is an AirPlay endpoint.

But you get AirPlay limitations. If you can, better install in Moode Os (via command line) the Roon Linux renderer compiled for Armv7. The difference is quite stunning. You would need to figure out volume controls and other quirks (like requiring to stop any Moode audio before using the Roon one), but I much rather have the proprietary non-compression protocol that can do up to 96Khz with non-MQA DACs.