Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Library Weirdness.
Moode 6.7.1 /Pi4 with 4 GB ram/OMV NAS

With some time to spare today I am making an effort to clean up my tagging and artwork. Smile

..and have noticed a most peculiar thing Sad 

If my library has 3 different versions of an album...,for instance Wish you were Here,  In HD 24/96 and Redbook 16/44.1 and MP3 (each with a different cover.jpg image) then only the MP3 is shown in any library view/search.

If I remove the MP3 file from my NAS then the Redbook is shown. If I then remove the Redbook version the HD is shown.

I had an existing album 'Joan Armatrading' and ripped another with the same name but different tracklist and artwork. It shows as a separate file on my NAS but Moode won't find it (and only shows the original version and its artwork)  but 'show tracks' loads all the tracks from both albums.

So checked the NAS and found a file "The Very Best of Cat Stevens"  then ripped a totally different disk also called "The Very Best of Cat Stevens 2003" and uploaded it to the NAS. Did a library regen and cache clear and thumbnail regen and.... the first album is missing !

To check if this was a NAS problem I booted Snakeoil which uses MyMPD for library and updated the database. It found all the files and listed each and every album as I would expect. All version are shown in folder/album/database views.

Any ideas ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

----------
bob
You'll have to wait till moOde 7
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-06-2020, 12:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You'll have to wait till moOde 7

Right then, awaiting with alacrity Big Grin
----------
bob
I modify the Album Title to differentiate versions:

Warrior On The Edge Of Time [original]
Warrior On The Edge Of Time [2003 remaster]
Warrior On The Edge Of Time [24-96]
Warrior On the Edge Of Time [Steve Wilson Mix]
etc....

Messy, but it works.....I think I have six versions of Warrior....
That was the first thing I tried...with no joy at all. 
Renaming the folder didn't work for me and the only other option that might would be to retag the files within one (or more!) errant album for each multiple missing version...but I don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

Now I know the albums are there (having tried another MPD), and Tim indicates MoOde 7 will fix it, I'll just keep ripping for now and await the albums reappearance with the new release.

It'll be like getting a new Moode with extra toppings! Big Grin
----------
bob
(11-06-2020, 09:38 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: That was the first thing I tried...with no joy at all. 
Renaming the folder didn't work for me and the only other option that might would be to retag the files within one (or more!) errant album for each multiple missing version...but I don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

Now I know the albums are there (having tried another MPD), and Tim indicates MoOde 7 will fix it, I'll just keep ripping for now and await the albums reappearance with the new release.

It'll be like getting a new Moode with extra toppings! Big Grin

The method I us is to name the album , Deluxe, remaster, 24-bit. this creates individual versions in library.
The other option is to keep the album names the same but give each a different disc number during tagging .
1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3. This creates one album but allows different commenting and covers and keeps each "disc" in track order.
The first option makes it easier to select exact version easily. The second is just tidier.