Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

BruteFir integration
Wondering how hard this would be to implement. There is a plug-in for Volumio that works, but I prefer Moode for its bluetooth integration. BruteFir would be excellent for room correction, filtering, etc. You could create your EQ filter in another freeware program and load it into Brute.
Hi,

Not a trivial undertaking. The real challenge is to implement the input side and do the room sweep with a connected mic and then automatically generate the parameter file like most AVR's have been doing for ages. The other challenge is to create a nice UI for manipulating the parameters. I don't have the bandwidth for it but maybe another enterprising dev will take it on :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Digging up an old thread here. Would be great to integrate brutefir into moode as a module that can be enabled just like geq and peq. I think in volumio they simply allow you to upload the wav files of the impulse response, assuming you would generate these externally from eg REW.
(02-15-2020, 01:19 AM)mtnbrit Wrote: Digging up an old thread here. Would be great to integrate brutefir into moode as a module that can be enabled just like geq and peq. I think in volumio they simply allow you to upload the wav files of the impulse response, assuming you would generate these externally from eg REW.

I agree, Implementing Brutefir in Moode would be a great improvement. The filters can be created using REW and exported as text files or even wav format. 
it would also be useful to have a pink noise file (same as stereo test) and a 20-20k Hz signal to easily create the filters in REW.
(03-04-2020, 09:12 PM)Tantor Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 01:19 AM)mtnbrit Wrote: Digging up an old thread here. Would be great to integrate brutefir into moode as a module that can be enabled just like geq and peq. I think in volumio they simply allow you to upload the wav files of the impulse response, assuming you would generate these externally from eg REW.

I agree, Implementing Brutefir in Moode would be a great improvement. The filters can be created using REW and exported as text files or even wav format. 
it would also be useful to have a pink noise file (same as stereo test) and a 20-20k Hz signal to easily create the filters in REW.

Indeed, implementing Brutefir in Moode would be a great... addition BUT it would require a developer to step forward for the implementation and the eventual maintainance everafter...
Isn't it simply a module like PEQ or GEQ? It would just need adding to the distro and implementing in the GUI, no?
Simply? lol, PEQ and GEQ took months to develop, integrate and perfect.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-09-2020, 11:16 PM)mtnbrit Wrote: Isn't it simply a module like PEQ or GEQ? It would just need adding to the distro and implementing in the GUI, no?

I believe that it is indeed quite difficult to implement a Room Correction tool in Moode (and unfortunately I am absolutely unable to write a single line of code : Huh ). However, it would be more than a nice to have, and a great improvment in the audio experience with loudspeakers.
(03-09-2020, 11:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Simply? lol, PEQ and GEQ took months to develop, integrate and perfect.
Hi Tim, I am a new member. Thank you so much for your outstanding job. I do not have words to say how much I am happy with MoOde Player. I cannot program but I can imagine how hard it could be, especially when the project is really well done.
However, I think DSP could be a really good feature. In fact, I would like to buy MiniDSP UMIK-1 mic and do some experiment but at the moment I do not know where I could apply the EQ correction found with REW. I hope in the future you can really take in consideration to upgrade MoOde player with DSP.
In any case, thank you so much for your hard work and for sharing!! All the best!
I would like to add my vote for Brutefir integration in Moode. Obviously, full DRC sweeps with mic input etc. is out of scope but the ability to upload a convolution Wav file and have it applied to the output (as in Volumio or Daphile) would be very useful. Alternatively (or even better, additionally) a better PEQ filter with at least 10 bands would be nice. It doesn't need a fancy interface, just the ability to upload or enter PEQ parameters and/or convolution file.

I want to use Moode in my little headphone rig but without decent EQ I am forced to use Daphile or (horror of horrors) Volumio ...

There are a couple of other alternatives to Brutefir that could perhaps be used to implement proper EQ, but I don't have the Linux chops to do it myself:

https://github.com/HEnquist/camilladsp#introduction
https://github.com/bmc0/dsp/wiki/System-Wide-DSP-Guide
https://github.com/ebiiim/PiPEQ