Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: USBridge Sig can't boot
Hi
I've Allo USBridge Signature with Pro-ject BOX S2 digital plugged in.
I have two issues
1) sometimes when I send the power off command from Web UI the activity led (red light) doesn't switch off... the DAC shows that usb connection is down
2) sometimes when I power up the USBdridge it remains invisible to DAC and to the network...may be it can't boot. I try to switch off and on but it doesn' work.

The only way is to re-flash the sd card with Moode Audio

Moode Audio is set up with 64bit kernel

Have you any suggestion??
Bye
The 64bit kernel is described as a 'testing option' in 6.7.1. Have you tried using the 32 bit?
(11-16-2020, 07:18 PM)jonners Wrote: The 64bit kernel is described as a 'testing option' in 6.7.1. Have you tried using the 32 bit?

I've just re-flashed the sd card and left the 32bit kernel....we'll see the effect!
(11-16-2020, 09:10 PM)ematag71 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 07:18 PM)jonners Wrote: The 64bit kernel is described as a 'testing option' in 6.7.1. Have you tried using the 32 bit?

I've just re-flashed the sd card and left the 32bit kernel....we'll see the effect!

Ok...with 32bit kernel it's the same... only it takes more time to fail...now i've to re-flash the card...it's annoying...
(12-05-2020, 11:50 PM)ematag71 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 09:10 PM)ematag71 Wrote:

Ok...with 32bit kernel it's the same... only it takes more time to fail...now i've to re-flash the card...it's annoying...

I think you might need to contact Allo about this.
A further thought: If you are using wifi can you try connecting via ethernet?
How often do you power off your Sig?
I mean a Raspberry Pi uses so little electricity, if you're shutting it down and starting it up every day all you're really achieving is wearing out the SD card faster.

If only a reflash of the card fixes it, it sounds as if your SD card is getting corrupted. Either because it's being powered off before it's fully shut down and synced filesystems or your SD card is on its way out and needs replacing.
A few posts earlier, the suggestion was to contact Allo. On that I have a question, can hardware lead to SD corruption? I understand vinn's point about leaving on the hardware.
I hope to get this week a USBbridge Sig with a Digione Signature on top. To switch between USB and SPDIF I have to reboot. Therefor my question :-)
(12-06-2020, 07:03 PM)jonners Wrote: A further thought: If you are using wifi can you try connecting via ethernet?

I don't use wifi, only ethernet
(12-06-2020, 08:49 PM)vinnn Wrote: How often do you power off your Sig?
I mean a Raspberry Pi uses so little electricity, if you're shutting it down and starting it up every day all you're really achieving is wearing out the SD card faster.

If only a reflash of the card fixes it, it sounds as if your SD card is getting corrupted. Either because it's being powered off before it's fully shut down and synced filesystems or your SD card is on its way out and needs replacing.

I switch my Usbridge on once a day. Sometimes I switch off only the amplifier. So it takes 6-10 times to fail. Now I'm going to try with a new sd card.