Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: About config file question about 3.5 GPIO TFT
Hi,

I have trouble in "Display UI on 3.5 GPIO Touchable TFT". My process:

1. Install Moode Audio. Work well.
2. Install TFT hardware & Reboot. TFT is show white only & Moode Audio work well.
3. Install the driver TFT & Reboot. TFT is show tty(login) & Moode Adio show openMpdSock() failed.  ←I have enable local UI.
4. I modify confit.txt & cmdline.txt and reboot. TFT is show tty(login) & Moode Adio show openMpdSock() failed.
5. I replace configt.txt & cmdline.txt with orginal and reboot. TFT is show white & Moode Adio show openMpdSock() failed.
6. I try to use remove.sh from TFT and reboot. TFT is show white & Moode Adio show openMpdSock() failed.  The remove.sh will restore config.txt, cmdline.txt and some x11 file(99-caxxx & 99-butxx).

Moode Audio show openMpdSock() failed and does not show local UI

I think TFT driver must modify some important config file of Moode Audio.  Could someone let me know which file should I check? 

Thanks,

PS. This 3.5 GPIO Touchable TFT can work well on x-windows in raspberry os & ubuntu.
Update 2020/12/08:

I checked the driver install sh file and check one by one, then:

1. Copy TFT drive file to /boot/overlay
2. Change the driver name in /boot/config.txt
3. Add "fbcon=map:10" in /boot/cmdline.txt
4. Add parameter in 99-xxx file
5. Enable local UI

Then it work. I can see Moode UI in my 3.5 TFT LCD. I am working in it still due to the display has some problem...

PS. Some thing wrong by 3.5 TFT install file. Undecided
(01-06-2021, 06:16 PM)biste Wrote: I probably have the same LCD as you've got, and going through the same experience.

Following the steps of your last post I indeed can get the LCD to display TTY, without breaking Moode/MPD (OpenMpdSock() error)
However, I still don't see Local UI, but the terminal login prompt instead, on the LCD

Tried to disable Local UI, restart, enable it again, restart.

Did you get it to work in the end? Any tip?

Cheers

It works well. But bad in user experience; example, touch feedback is slow, screen size is small. Now, I use 5inch DSI display in my new moode audio box; we do not have install any driver or setting in DSI display.

Please check my message on 2020/12/08.

The key point:
1) Do not use the auto-install driver form TFT's company. Install driver by yourself and modify the value in config file by yourself. Do not copy from others if you do not understand the value.
2) Screen orientation settings; read the setting value carefully. It will affect other config files's value. Try to add 90 degree once, it works in my case.
3) Touch screen calibration; I install raspberry os first and record the right value then use them in moode audio.

I found "OpenMpdSock() error" message only in use TFT's auto-install drive.