Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Show your audio system
Thanks for the suggestions.... !!
After a few listening sessions I reverted to powering the Pi from the official raspberry smps supply and used the Salas L-Adapter only for the Kali and Piano 2.1 as this gave  better S/Q than the Salas L-Adapter powering everything.

I've another couple of boards for Salas L-Adapters in transit so will eventually try powering the Pi with one and the Kali/Piano with another.

I also added a hard drive to the  case powered from a separate supply Smile 

@Malefoda   Great to hear you finished yours...the image link you posted doesn't seem to work... would like to see your build..can you repost ?

Cheers,
Bob
----------
bob
Hi Bob,
I've changed the link (second one: second pic), hope it works. Nothing fancy just enough to get it work until I decide on a final in-case build (DPS or not...). Will see how you find the dedicated L-Adapters setup. Single L-Adapter for Digione/RPi 2B here, maybe a tad more space/easiness in music.
(03-19-2020, 09:15 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions.... !!
After a few listening sessions I reverted to powering the Pi from the official raspberry smps supply and used the Salas L-Adapter only for the Kali and Piano 2.1 as this gave  better S/Q than the Salas L-Adapter powering everything.

I've another couple of boards for Salas L-Adapters in transit so will eventually try powering the Pi with one and the Kali/Piano with another.

I also added a hard drive to the  case powered from a separate supply Smile 

@Malefoda   Great to hear you finished yours...the image link you posted doesn't seem to work... would like to see your build..can you repost ?

Cheers,
Bob

Hi! Lots of time to play around these days! I have the Salas powering both the Pi4 and Boss and have been very happy with the SQ upgrade. You feel that using the Salas only for the DAC and the smps for the Pi is better still? I think I can power the Boss separately - I will need to research a bit.
I have another Salas in transit also - but mine has a border in the way - so I will be interested in your experiment using them for both Pi and DAC.
Thanks !
MG
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB
[Image: cWZH7J3.jpg][Image: RqO1qEC.jpg]

My 3 very modest systems. I'm an engineer not a photographer.

The garage system is simple HifiBerry Amp2 with a fan and rotary encoder for volume. Song selection is done via my cell phone.
The speakers are a cheap pair of Daytons I got off Amazon. They do the job but I'll probably replace them at some point. Anybody got a pair of Heresys they want to donate‽

The basement system is little more, since it's where I spend most of my time:
Moode Audio with touchscreen display (currently playing Jemp Radio)
IQ Audio Pi DAQ+
Each channel goes into an Eico HF-12 monoblock tube amplifier, that I personally restored and rebuilt. Some may argue the Eico is not an audiophile amplifier but they're spoiled by their $10K systems.

Each amp feeds a Klipsch RP-500M these have 93dB sensitivity and oh do they sound nice with the tube amps.
The Eico's volume knob is the 2nd one. You'll notice I've barely got it above the minimum. I don't go much above 2 otherwise it's too loud for the family upstairs. I have cranked it up to max and the speakers really scream with no noticeable distortion.

Not shown is my work system, all run from Bluetooth from my cell phone (can't use company WIFI)
IQ Audio DAQ Pro
Bose Companion 2 Series III - For the size they sound really nice and have decent range. We crank it up every now and then.
So you want some noise ?
This is one half of my tinkering setup - the cabinets are just mockups for the moment while I settle on design and volume
The idea is that eventually all the electronics will be internal so just two towers, a sub and a power button (maybe a volume control)

[attachment=1320]

The configuration at the moment is...
Moode (of course) on a Pi3 with Allo Piano 2.1 (sub mode) 
a mini DSP handles the stereo channels so I can directly drive the speakers at up to 100w per driver (no crossovers)
The sub is driven from the Piano's sub output and goes to its own 600w amp with its own power supply
All power supplies are SMPS and all amps are Class D - no analogue nonsense for me !
The drivers are all from Dayton Audio

Music power is very important to me even though I rarely listen at very high volumes, I wanted a system that would effortlessly play Rock, Punk and Electronic music and get close to that "gig" type presence

Quality wise the sound is very good , I think there is a big advantage to getting rid of the crossovers which outweighs the shortcomings of other components in the system, the Dayton drivers are also excellent value for money especially the air motion tweeters which are crystal clear
The mini DSP allows me to time align the drivers for coherent sound and balance out each channel 

still got plenty of work to do on it

would like to know your thoughts

Lx
I can hear that thing from here!
----------------
Robert
(05-12-2020, 12:54 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: I can hear that thing from here!

Ha ha thanks bertrum - I guess you are a "first watt" kinda guy ?
Big Grin
Lx
(05-12-2020, 10:40 AM)lurkio Wrote: So you want some noise ?
This is one half of my tinkering setup - the cabinets are just mockups for the moment while I settle on design and volume
The idea is that eventually all the electronics will be internal so just two towers, a sub and a power button (maybe a volume control)

The configuration at the moment is...
Moode (of course) on a Pi3 with Allo Piano 2.1 (sub mode) 
a mini DSP handles the stereo channels so I can directly drive the speakers at up to 100w per driver (no crossovers)
The sub is driven from the Piano's sub output and goes to its own 600w amp with its own power supply
All power supplies are SMPS and all amps are Class D - no analogue nonsense for me !
The drivers are all from Dayton Audio

Music power is very important to me even though I rarely listen at very high volumes, I wanted a system that would effortlessly play Rock, Punk and Electronic music and get close to that "gig" type presence

Quality wise the sound is very good , I think there is a big advantage to getting rid of the crossovers which outweighs the shortcomings of other components in the system, the Dayton drivers are also excellent value for money especially the air motion tweeters which are crystal clear
The mini DSP allows me to time align the drivers for coherent sound and balance out each channel 

still got plenty of work to do on it

would like to know your thoughts

Lx
That sub looks like it may be a candidate for the Rod Elliot ELF treatment...if you're still experimenting then the minor cost and time to build and test may be of interest.
I discarded the 500W amp from my Monitor Audio Silver W12..
https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/product-...lver-w-12/
and replaced it with the ELF and (while still building an amp) a 100W class A/B.

Went from 'Punch..Punch..Punch' to detail, speed, and extension.
Not a fan of fat and flabby ported subs.. Wink

There is a discussion of the ELF system followed by the current controller in the links..
http://sound-au.com/project48.htm
http://sound-au.com/project48a.htm

~bob
----------
bob
Quote:DRONE7

That sub looks like it may be a candidate for the Rod Elliot ELF treatment...if you're still experimenting then the minor cost and time to build and test may be of interest.
I discarded the 500W amp from my Monitor Audio Silver W12..
https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/product-...lver-w-12/
and replaced it with the ELF and (while still building an amp) a 100W class A/B.

Went from 'Punch..Punch..Punch'  to detail, speed, and extension.
Not a fan of fat and flabby ported subs.. Wink

There is a discussion of the ELF system followed by the current controller in the links..
http://sound-au.com/project48.htm
http://sound-au.com/project48a.htm

~bob

Hi Bob , Thanks for your interest
Ill definitely try a sealed box for the sub, I built one for a previous system and liked it a lot , the driver is one of Daytons reference series so it is not a "one note wonder "
I went with sealed boxes for the bass drivers as I'm not a great fan of ports either, just wanted to give it a go with the sub

I don't much like that ELF filter, I suppose it could help some cheaper drivers but I'm not going to use it on this one
and a 100w A/B amp on that sub ?

I guess we all have our hangups  Wink

Lx
Quote:and a 100w A/B amp on that sub ?

I guess we all have our hangups  [Image: wink.png]

Plinius Wink
----------
bob