Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Show your audio system
(04-10-2018, 02:45 PM)ferdzb Wrote: My system

Hegel H160, Musical Paradise MP301MK2, Bluesound Node2, and of course RPI3 (Allo Piano 2.1 DAC + Kali) with Moode 4.0

[Image: sxxJQty.jpg]

And here's my latest toy for my desktop music RPI3 with Allo Boss 1.2 and Volt Amp:

[Image: ya9dRrG.png]

Video here Smile

Very nice looking and good specs ;Wink
Unfortunately video can not be seen here in [Image: 3IMnWc.jpg]
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(04-10-2018, 03:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Hegel H160, Musical Paradise MP301MK2, Bluesound Node2, and of course RPI3 (Allo Piano 2.1 DAC + Kali) with Moode 4.0

And here's my latest toy for my desktop music RPI3 with Allo Boss 1.2 and Volt Amp:

Video here Smile

Thats a super cool system! Loving the wood base for the rig and the awesome Volt Amp :-)

You should try running moOde 4.1. Its new volume control is much more responsive w/rotary encoder. I'd also suggest running it in Safari Browser and then adding it as a Home Screen App ("Add to home screen"). The UI will look super nice without the ugly Browser header.

I thought I saw some Lego peeps causing trouble in that video, lol.

-Tim

Thanks Tim. I'll definitely upgrade to 4.1 soon.
(04-10-2018, 05:44 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:

Video here Smile

Very nice looking and good specs ;Wink
Unfortunately video can not be seen here in 

I'm sorry Rik, you're in that side of the world that got blocked. Hopefully I can upload another one without restriction.
Photo 
[attachment=19]

Solar powered Suptronics x5000, 500GB SATA w/FLACs. 20 watt PV with small charge controller, 7 amp-hour battery and Klipsch RB-10 bookshelf speakers. 

energyi
(04-10-2018, 01:11 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 10:53 AM)rollinhand Wrote: [Image: 75sT3Ln.jpg]

Cool... Love the display Heart

Can you give some more info about it (type, how you control it....)

Johan

Sure, the display is a standard one like this on ebay:
ebay link
It is configured in 4 wire SPI.
There is a smoked black acrylic insert glued into the metal as well.  Sadly done by a local company here who are pretty good.  I can share the design docs if it helps?  Or get them made and send out if it helps, they fit really well.
I just call a python script I wrote (not great but it works, you need lots of text stripping etc) from the Moode interface.
I will post some more/better details when I am home this weekend like the wiring etc.  You need to move a 0 ohm resistor too so I do not know how good your soldering skills are?

I want to improve it though, there is no scrolling text for instance which can be annoying and I want more control.  I am going to try and use a different python library next to see if I can improve things.  Happy to share the code though in the meantime.
(04-10-2018, 02:39 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 02:35 PM)rollinhand Wrote: this is inspiring me to write a pdf, would there be any interest?

Absolutely!!!
Not only interested, I urge you urgently to write that document (...just kiddin')

Johan

+1
(04-11-2018, 11:08 AM)rollinhand Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 01:11 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 10:53 AM)rollinhand Wrote: [Image: 75sT3Ln.jpg]

Cool... Love the display Heart

Can you give some more info about it (type, how you control it....)

Johan

Sure, the display is a standard one like this on ebay:
ebay link
It is configured in 4 wire SPI.
There is a smoked black acrylic insert glued into the metal as well.  Sadly done by a local company here who are pretty good.  I can share the design docs if it helps?  Or get them made and send out if it helps, they fit really well.
I just call a python script I wrote (not great but it works, you need lots of text stripping etc) from the Moode interface.
I will post some more/better details when I am home this weekend like the wiring etc.  You need to move a 0 ohm resistor too so I do not know how good your soldering skills are?

I want to improve it though, there is no scrolling text for instance which can be annoying and I want more control.  I am going to try and use a different python library next to see if I can improve things.  Happy to share the code though in the meantime.

It will be excellent if you can open up a thread for how to Enable that OLed display so that you can go on adding things to that as and when you improve your setup. Of course all at your leisure.
Photo 
My audio config
Raspberry Pi 3B + Kali + Piano 2.1 Moode 4.1 (clear case)
Raspberry Pi 2B + HifiBerry DAC+ Pro Volumio  (black metal case)
Amp - Elekit TU8200 (6L6EH)
UPnP media controller app (hand made - written in C++) Windows 10 based.
Audio Sources - on OpenMediaVault NAS on Odroid-HC2 (not shown here)
all are connected to 11n/ac home network
https://prnt.sc/j6fi97
Super cool. Loving the classic Tube setup :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-17-2018, 01:46 PM)Hiroyuki Wrote: My audio config
Raspberry Pi 3B + Kali + Piano 2.1 Moode 4.1 (clear case)
Raspberry Pi 2B + HifiBerry DAC+ Pro Volumio  (black metal case)
Amp - Elekit TU8200 (6L6EH)
UPnP media controller app (hand made - written in C++) Windows 10 based.
Audio Sources - on OpenMediaVault NAS on Odroid-HC2 (not shown here)
all are connected to 11n/ac home network
https://prnt.sc/j6fi97

Hi, Hiroyuki.

If I squint until I can see only your amp, I feel transported back in time to my bedroom 50 years ago. I would turn off the light and bask in the glow of the filaments. My first amp was homebrewed with 6L6s; the second was the classic Dynakit ST70 with EL34s (wish I still had it!); later I moved on to transistors (gasp). I hope your system sounds as good as it looks.

And well done, you, for a handwritten UPnP controller!

Per your other post about your NAS, I'm also running OpenMediaVault---on the original Odroid HC1---and my LAN's DNS has no problem resolving the symbolic hostname of the NAS. Nevertheless, I set static addresses for special hosts like my NASes and my printers and reference them by their IP address so I can always find them as I muck about with my network components. (And, of course, my DHCP server has a block of addresses set aside for these static addresses.)

Regards,
Kent