Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: (Re)generating library woes
Not sure if this is a moode issue or mpd. Most of the music I have comes in FLAC format, some of it ripped by myself, some of it acquired from different sources. But what all have in common is the presence of cue sheets and/or log  and m3u files inside the album folder. I noticed lately that adding an album to the playlist would add double/triple the number of songs, so first I checked and saw that the songs in m3u playlists were also added, then cue files songs were added. I started removing them and did a library rebuild. But still I got duplicates. So I checked again and saw that moode picked up the songs/files from log files too.

I didn't notice this until last week - I'm using moode 6.7.1. So, I'm curious:: is this something added in mpd or moode? Because I don't remember seeing this before.
I don't think mpd parses log files so I think you're imagining things there Smile
mpd does import metadata from cue files and I think playlists also. If you a have an album that consists of one file per track in a directory there's no reason to have a cue file or a playlist in the same directory, cue sheets are for playing a single album file ripped from a CD.
You could delete all those unneeded files or you could just exclude those file types from being imported by creating a text file called .mpdignore in the root of your music share containing the appropriate patterns like *cue and *m3u etc. One pattern on each line.

There is also a bug with Moode's web interface that will duplicate tracks in an album if the album title matches other album titles in your library, so depending on your use case this might also be a thing. In case you think this might be what you're seeing that has apparently been fixed for the upcoming v7 release.
I think there's something broken with my mpd database. I have a second RPi (Zero W) which doesn't behave like I described. I'll keep looking into it.

Thanks for the suggestion to use .mpdignore.
(01-27-2021, 05:37 PM)dispo Wrote: For anyone else who encounters this issue...

I added a .mpdignore file to the root level of my music source and added "*m3u" "*cue" and "*M3U" "*CUE".

It looks like the patterns are case sensitive, so make sure you put any extra casings (on a unique line) in the file

Curious if this specific syntax would also exclude any files containing same sequence of letters (eg. Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue.mp3 )

Is it not more accurate to indicate as a file type? (eg. *.m3u or *.cue)
(02-09-2021, 07:30 PM)skahtee Wrote:

I added a .mpdignore file to the root level of my music source and added "*m3u" "*cue" and "*M3U" "*CUE".

It looks like the patterns are case sensitive, so make sure you put any extra casings (on a unique line) in the file

Curious if this specific syntax would also exclude any files containing same sequence of letters (eg. Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue.mp3 )

From the MPD documentation

Quote:To exclude a file from the update, create a file called .mpdignore in its parent directory. Each line of that file may contain a list of shell wildcards. Matching files in the current directory and all subdirectories are excluded.

Supposing the phrase "shell wildcards" means what it says, then no, your example wouldn't match.

Regards,
Kent
(02-09-2021, 07:30 PM)skahtee Wrote:

I agree, when referring to file patterns by "file type", you'd use *.m3u or *.cue etc, to specify all files with that particular extension.