Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Problem with Radio BBC 320K Radio ...
Hello

triying around all Radiostation i found out the 

BBC 320K Radio 6 music
BBC 320K Radio 5 live
BBC 320K Radio all of theme.

Failed to decode http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/man..._live.m3u8

Is something missing on my Moode, or on the default installation?

have a nice day
vinc
Raspberry Pi3B+ --> HiFiBerry DAC+ PRO --> Cyrus | Pre - Pre Amplifier --> D. Klimo | Kent monoblocks --> Piega | Piega LDR 8.2
Raspberry Pi3B+ --> HiFiBerry AMP2 --> Visaton FRS 8 30W 4Ω
(12-08-2020, 11:55 AM)vikozo Wrote: Hello

triying around all Radiostation i found out the 

BBC 320K Radio 6 music
BBC 320K Radio 5 live
BBC 320K Radio all of theme.

Failed to decode http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/man..._live.m3u8

Is something missing on my Moode, or on the default installation?

have a nice day
vinc

The 320K streams from the BBC are geo-fenced, you need to (appear) to be in the UK to listen.
----------------
Robert
@the_bertrum ok thanks for your feedback! Something like digital Brexit ;-)
Raspberry Pi3B+ --> HiFiBerry DAC+ PRO --> Cyrus | Pre - Pre Amplifier --> D. Klimo | Kent monoblocks --> Piega | Piega LDR 8.2
(12-08-2020, 03:15 PM)vikozo Wrote: @the_bertrum ok thanks for your feedback! Something like digital Brexit ;-)

The Brexiteers would have the lower res stream fenced off as well Wink (while still happily consuming any thing from Europe they can of course) .
----------------
Robert
ok but like this no problem with installation.
I use a vpn service - see below from earlier post. You need to change the DNS setting under network, and make sure that the external IP to your network is linked to your account, and then bobs your uncle...

>>
>>
I use dns4me as a VPN to watch region locked tv etc. Using this service the 320k BBC radio stations work well in Moode. You just need to sign up and then change the dns address in network settings.

No association with dns4me but its cheap and the ops respond promptly to support tickets.

Regards
(12-08-2020, 03:15 PM)vikozo Wrote: @the_bertrum ok thanks for your feedback! Something like digital Brexit ;-)

You are ill-informed, I'm afraid...

Every British household pays a tax (the amount is not important in this discussion) for helping to fund the British Broadcasting Corporation (a state-owned organisation); the BBC radio and TV broadcasts DO NOT contain commercial advertising hence the People's funding.

It would be quite unfair to the British population to 'fund' other nations' entertainment sources...
(12-11-2020, 05:33 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:

You are ill-informed, I'm afraid...

Every British household pays a tax (the amount is not important in this discussion) for helping to fund the British Broadcasting Corporation (a state-owned organisation); the BBC radio and TV broadcasts DO NOT contain commercial advertising hence the People's funding.

It would be quite unfair to the British population to 'fund' other nations' entertainment sources...

The argument falls down a bit when one considers that the BBC has always broadcast to the world for free and without advertising and that was in fact part of the point of the corporation in the first place.  What began with the World Service is now continued with the unrestricted broadcast of the lower bitrate radio streams and other internationally available services.  The reason for fencing off the higher bitrate streams is simply to reduce the number of people accessing them and therefore keep them affordable.

However, it has nothing to do with breixit Smile
----------------
Robert
New user here.  Thanks for the geo-fencing explanation.   When I try the lower bit rate BBC stations I also get the error  "failed to decode......
(04-02-2021, 12:39 AM)BoblK54 Wrote: New user here.  Thanks for the geo-fencing explanation.   When I try the lower bit rate BBC stations I also get the error  "failed to decode......

Hi Bob,  assuming that you have other than BBC stations playing then this thread may be illuminating..
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=3561

Bob.
----------
bob