Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Automatic listen to last station OR a default radio station after boot
First, i like moode very much and use it daily to listen to radio stations.

I didn't find way how to do this, but it might be a useful feature for some users.

Often when i switch on my audio system, 
i want to start listen to the last radio station that i was listening to when i shut down the system (e.g. at the previous day).

I'm looking for a way how moode automatic tunes to the last station when i boot the system without selecting the station with the GUI.

As a workaround, automatic tuning to a default radio station would also be useful for me.

Is there a way to achieve this somehow with configuration settings in the startup sequence?
Selecting the desired behaviour in the GUI would be ideal of course.

Best, 
Christoph
Go to the audio configuration screen and turn on "Autoplay after start".
----------
bob
(05-24-2020, 07:10 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Go to the audio configuration screen and turn on "Autoplay after start".

Hello,

I guess the feature Christoph would like to have is the ability to define a "default" radio station to be played after start.
For the moment, and correct me if I am wrong, you only have the choice to either :
- play the last item
- play a random item

It would indeed be nice to be able to choose a default radio station to be played after start.

Kind regards,
Renaud
Read the o/p post again and note the request for...

Quote:Often when i switch on my audio system, 

i want to start listen to the last radio station that i was listening to when i shut down the system (e.g. at the previous day).

See where it says 'last'..?      Last, not default..

Your suggestion is a different Feature Request.  Please start a new thread and don't hijack other's threads.
----------
bob
(05-25-2020, 07:05 AM)zazouboy Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 07:10 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Go to the audio configuration screen and turn on "Autoplay after start".

Hello,

I guess the feature Christoph would like to have is the ability to define a "default" radio station to be played after start.
For the moment, and correct me if I am wrong, you only have the choice to either :
- play the last item
- play a random item

It would indeed be nice to be able to choose a default radio station to be played after start.

Kind regards,
Renaud

It's been on the TODO list for a long time but just never got any priority given the availability of Auto-play last item played. I'll have to see whether it's a trivial change or one that requires more work.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-25-2020, 07:33 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Read the o/p post again and note the request for...

Quote:Often when i switch on my audio system, 

See where it says 'last'..?      Last, not default..

Your suggestion is a different Feature Request.  Please start a new thread and don't hijack other's threads.

Thanks for the clarification, yes, you're right, but you could also have answered in a more gentle manner.

I was referring to this quote :
"As a workaround, automatic tuning to a default radio station would also be useful for me."

So I guess, I was not totally wrong and I did not have any intention to "hijack" anyone's thread.

Cheers.
(05-25-2020, 02:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Hello,

- play the last item
- play a random item

Kind regards,
Renaud

It's been on the TODO list for a long time but just never got any priority given the availability of Auto-play last item played. I'll have to see whether it's a trivial change or one that requires more work.

Thanks Tim !

Glad to see this feature could see the day in the future.

Kind regards,
Renaud
(05-25-2020, 02:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Hello,

- play the last item
- play a random item

Kind regards,
Renaud

Hi Tim, 
thanks for your reply. Good to know that it's already on your todo list.

My goal is it to switch the system on and be able to listen to the last radio station (before shutdown) automatically tuned without any GUI interaction. 
But it think you already got the point. 

It sounds like a low hanging fruit for me that is comparable easy to pick for someone who knows the sources like you, but i could be wrong.
I had a brief look into the GIT repo, but i'm honestly lost. Also i don't know PHP so far... Undecided

Cheers,
Christoph
Smile 
This feature, I would like the most.
If possible options for a specific radiostation,album,genre or playlist .

Glad to see it on the to do list.