Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Mecanical buttons vs electronical buttons
Hello,

While trying to restore an old radio with the help of moodeaudio that is amasing for this purpose, I have run into somewhat of an issue.

There is a bit of it described here but i will explain
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...p?t=168337

Basically, i have a setup that works perfectly if you use electronic buttons but do not work well using the mechanical ones.

To go in detail i am now using :

1) pi zero WH (but the same issues appear with the pi 3)
2) justboom Zero AMP (but the same issues appear with the bare pi 3 without amp)
3) intended for test but might keep them depending on results: electronic push buttons (See on picture )
4) the moodeaudio software which is a perfect match for my musical needs. It has an integrated setup for push buttons, you basically set the number of the push button and state what script it should run "et voilà", it works!

Setup with electronic push buttons work perfectly.

while using the mechanical buttons the behavior is erratic. It will work wonderfully and then not any more and up to the point where one button activates the functionality that is supposed to be activated by another button. I have not found any logic to this.

I integrated some leds to the circuits to try to debug.

What happens when i press a electronic button is the led lights for a very brief moment.
When i press a mechanical button, the contact stays on as long as no other button is pressed.

basically it means that some electricity is going through until another button is activated, which will make the activated button "pop" (there can only be one button activated at a time)

My scripts are doing the simple actions: Stop ongoing playlist, clear playlist add radio A/B/C to the playlist and play, except for the "stop" button who's function is to stop anything playing, so i'm guessing pretty straight forward.

Does anyone have a clue how to move forward?

Works perfectly:
[Image: qri9fRP.jpg]

buttons that bring the trouble:
[Image: cb71cea.jpg]

back side:
[Image: 92zP0eX.jpg]