Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Pgenerator/Moode
Star 
Folks I'm in need of some help. 

I removed my Moode sd card from my Rpi 3b+ and inserted an sd card for Pgenerator which is a pattern generator for calibrating displays. In the setup instructions for Pgen, it states to configure then it "writes the selected settings to the device". Included in these settings is an ip address for connecting directly to the controlling PC by LAN. 

My question is, could the settings have been written not to the SD card, but to the actual Rpi? 

If Moode is up, I have no way of knowing. 

Here is the Pgenerator thread I followed. 

Thanks in advance for any insight/direction. 

David

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/dedicat...s.3167475/
(12-17-2020, 01:28 PM)Lttlwing16 Wrote: Folks I'm in need of some help. 

I removed my Moode sd card from my Rpi 3b+ and inserted an sd card for Pgenerator which is a pattern generator for calibrating displays. In the setup instructions for Pgen, it states to configure then it "writes the selected settings to the device". Included in these settings is an ip address for connecting directly to the controlling PC by LAN. 

My question is, could the settings have been written not to the SD card, but to the actual Rpi? 

David

Only the RPi4B has a writable eeprom which might be used in this manner (although I doubt it would be since it's way outside the intended usage of this eeprom). OTOH, pgenerator does support the RPi4B according to the linked thread.

I suggest you ask any further questions on avsforum or related forum. The subject has nothing to do with moOde.

Regards,
Kent
(12-17-2020, 01:53 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 01:28 PM)Lttlwing16 Wrote: Folks I'm in need of some help. 

David

Only the RPi4B has a writable eeprom which might be used in this manner (although I doubt it would be since it's way outside the intended usage of this eeprom). OTOH, pgenerator does support the RPi4B according to the linked thread.

I suggest you ask any further questions on avsforum or related forum. The subject has nothing to do with moOde.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent, is there any way to see if Moode is actually up, apart from connecting via IP? Can I plug directly into the Rpi with Moode booted via LAN or USB? 

Thanks again
(12-17-2020, 02:07 PM)Lttlwing16 Wrote: [quote pid='28101' dateline='1608213185']
Thanks Kent, is there any way to see if Moode is actually up, apart from connecting via IP? Can I plug directly into the Rpi with Moode booted via LAN or USB?

[/quote]

I'm confused about what your problem is.  As a headless player, moode is designed to be accesses via its UI which is accessed over the LAN.  By putting "moode.local" or the IP of your moode device into a browser you get the UI.  That shows that moode is "up".  You can configure a local display and connect a display device, but to configure that you have to connect to the running moode.
The IP assigned to moode is decided by the network gear you attach it to (your router), there's nothing can be written to the device to interfere with that address assignment.
----------------
Robert
Thanks for the Reply. 

Truth is I'm confused on what my problem is as well. I know I had a functional Moode system, ran another distribution, came back and Moode is no longer working.  

I checked on the Pgenerator forum on AVS and they confirmed it wouldn't make any changes that would interfer with Moode. 

I'll try flashing a fresh sdcard and see if that resolves my issues. 

Thanks again.